4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2012 3:52 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Skip Datafile

after running pre clone at db tier , i shutdown the db and apps , then i make a copy of /orahome/PROD but forgot to copy a test01.dbf datafile which are under /orahome, this file i created for myself at PROD node for test tablespace .

After coping /orahome/PROD to target node for post cloning activity it is asking that datfile during post cloning activity within data top ,how can i skip that datafile during post cloning activity cause i can not copy it from source node as it is prodcution.How can i post cloning adfcgclone.pl at dbTier successfully without coping this test01.dbf file to target node from source node , error is

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "UAT"

ERROR at line 1
      ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
      ORA-01565: error in identifying file
      '/orahome/PROD/db/apps_st/data/test2.dbf'
      ORA-27037 : unable to obtain file status
        • 1. Re: Skip Datafile
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Please confirm that preclone completed successfully with no issues.

Also, confirm that no new datafiles/tablespaces have been added since the time you run preclone.

Does this file exist? Is the size identical on both source and target nodes?

Please see these docs.

ORA-01565: Error In Identifying File When Running Adcfgclone On DB Tier [ID 1065839.1]
          Perl Adcfgclone.Pl Dbtier In R12 Only Allows for 4 Data_top's [ID 819666.1]

If you want to skip the file, edit adcrdb.zip -- Troubleshooting RapidClone issues with Oracle Applications R12 [ID 603104.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Skip Datafile
            i removed test01.dbf and test02.dbf file from the adcrdb.zip files (adcrdbclone.sql , dbfinfo.lst) , i recreated the adcrdb.zip file for the edited files (adcrdbclone.sql , dbfinfo.lst), after editing when i run adcfgclone at dbtier i got the below error in adcfgclone log file.
            BEGIN dbms_backup_restore.zeroDbid(0); END;

ERROR at line 1:
            ORA-01119: error in creating database file
            '/orahome/orahome/PROD/db/tech_st/10.2.0/dbs/MISSING00131'
            ORA-27037: unable to obtain file status
            Linux Error: 2: No such file or directory
            Additional information: 3
            ORA-06512: at "SYS.X$DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE", line 4168
            ORA-06512: at line 1

ORACLE instance shut down.
            Connected to an idle instance.
            ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 1073741824 bytes
            Fixed Size               126892  bytes
            Variable size            427819780 bytes
            Database Buffers       633339904 bytes
            Redo Buffers             11317248 bytes

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE SET DATABASE "UAT"
            ERROR at line 1:
            ORA-01503: CREATE CONTROLFILE failed
            ORA-01159: file is not from same database as previous files - wrong database id
            ORA-01110: data file 5: '/orahome/orahome/PROD/db/apps_st/data/system05.dbf'
            • 3. Re: Skip Datafile
              Helios-GunesEROL
              Hi;

I suggest start clone from process from beginnig wiht correct copy process

Regard
              Helios
              • 4. Re: Skip Datafile
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                This error indicates that your preclone directory is not in sync with the directory structure you have. Please run preclone again on the source instance, copy the files and run postclone (as suggested by Helios), or you could create the database manually -- i.e. run (SQL> alter database backup controlfile to trace) on the source instance, copy the file to the target instance, edit the file to reflect the changes on the target node then run it manually.

Thanks,
                Hussein