This discussion is archived
13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 8:28 AM by matthew_morris RSS

OCA Certificates query

SenthilkumarS Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have completed 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-144 from Pearson VUE.
Do i need to register in oracle website somewhere to get my certificate?

Will i get certificate for individual exams(2) + OCA (1) so total 3 certificates OR only OCA certificate?
  • 1. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    925896 wrote:
    I have completed 1Z0-051 and 1Z0-144 from Pearson VUE.
    Well done.
    Do i need to register in oracle website somewhere to get my certificate?
    It is no mandatory you register, it should arrive in the post ( but it may be 6 / 8 weeks)

But I strongly recommend you register at http://certview.oracle.com .... if you fail to register at the first attempt try to more times and oracle will manually process it for you in about 3 working days.

I'd also recommend visiting http://certification.oracle.com and reading 'preparation' and FAQ's.

>
    Will i get certificate for individual exams(2) + OCA (1) so total 3 certificates OR only OCA certificate?
    If all requisiites are properly met, and from what you said they shoud be unless you used 2 separate test id's, you will have met the requirements for PL/SQL OCA and will received certificate for same.
  • 2. Re: OCA Certificates query
    SenthilkumarS Newbie
    I have registered in Certview link and got below message.
    Congratulations! Your information has been verified and you are now authorized to access your Oracle Certification Program Information on CertView.

Do i get any confirmation mail from Oracle for my post for certification?
  • 3. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    925896 wrote:
    I have registered in Certview link and got below message.
    Congratulations! Your information has been verified and you are now authorized to access your Oracle Certification Program Information on CertView.

Do i get any confirmation mail from Oracle for my post for certification?
    Okay after registeriing on certview thenext step is to access it to see wht it says ....

- Go back to certview.oracle.com ... sign in ... and select the certification status tab.

- The exam history subtab show what exams have been recorded aginst you.
    - The certification history shows the certfications you have been awarded
    - And the success kit status shows when your certification success kit (aka printed certificate) was requested from the printers ( it can be up to 8 weeks after that you receive it) along with what to do it things dont seem right.

If you dont see what you are expecting to see then it is time to investigate. ( An example would be a person would found only a 1z0-144 pass ... but their 1z0-051 pass was missing .. this would often be because their 1z0-051 was taken under a different Oracle testing Id .. in which case the solution would be a merge).
  • 4. Re: OCA Certificates query
    SenthilkumarS Newbie
    Thanks...Yes am able to see below

Edited by: 925896 on Jun 6, 2012 10:01 PM
  • 5. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    This is good you can see this, and this is an indicator your certificate should be with you in a few weeks. Should you need to give certification proof before then there is a publishing option in certview.

However it is probably better not to publish your personal detail on the web, address etc, and remember to keep other people details confidential as well in your work. So I would obfisticate or remove your address details.
  • 6. Re: OCA Certificates query
    SenthilkumarS Newbie
    I removed address....Yes I have to submit the proof...Please let me know how can i publish
  • 7. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    Login to Certview
    Access: Certifcation Status Tab
    Access: Publish Credentials to 3rd Parties

Treat yourself as a third party to test it out first.
  • 8. Re: OCA Certificates query
    SenthilkumarS Newbie
    Thanks for ur support...I have done...
  • 9. Re: OCA Certificates query
    960898 Newbie
    Hi

can you Pl share what the kind of material have you referred for IZO-144

Thanks
    Vishal
  • 10. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    2012VISK wrote:
    Hi

can you Pl share what the kind of material have you referred for IZO-144

Thanks
    Vishal
    I shall assume this is your forum post on the subject, though this is possibly not the case.

Certification Candidates MUST be care to use authorised training materials only. Any those who ask for material simply end up with the unauthorised king.

The positive things I will say are:
    - Visit certification.oracle.com and go other the preparation and guidance there:
    - Study/search this forum carefully for good advice. There's plenty on 1z0-144.
    The negative thing to say is avoid braindumps, and for those others reading this if sneakily trying to get a free/cheap one ... dont!
    - https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0477
  • 11. Re: OCA Certificates query
    960979 Newbie
    Hii,
    I would like to give 1Z0-051 exam. Can you please suggest the practice questions or any practice tests for preparation of 1Z0-051 exam? Also suggest me how to do practice on database practically if I do self study?

Please reply as early as possible.
  • 12. Re: OCA Certificates query
    bigdelboy Pro
    957976 wrote:
    Hii,
    I would like to give 1Z0-051 exam. Can you please suggest the practice questions or any practice tests for preparation of 1Z0-051 exam? Also suggest me how to do practice on database practically if I do self study?

Please reply as early as possible.
    There ar times i fel like Yoda (not that i am guru like the yoda) beseiged by a never ending supply of Luke Skywalkers rady to go off and get there arm chopped off ..... may be quite true given the numbers borrowng to try to get certified in a swamped marketplace and getting their limbs chopped off when they can't pay it back.

Always in a rush ... alway with more of focus more for the practice tests than than the knowledge.

Visit: http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=50&p_org_id=1001&lang=US

Let http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/overview/index.html dominate your laptop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbuzo0WiEG8
  • 13. Re: OCA Certificates query
    matthew_morris Expert
    There ar times i fel like Yoda...
    That explains why I sometimes have to read what you've written two or three times to work out the meaning. It also explains the much stranger question of why I've always pictured you as being three feet tall and green. :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points