2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2012 4:14 PM by 908974 RSS

oracle 10g client install abnormal termination

Trying to install Oracle 10g client on Windows Server 2008 SP2 Standard, have installed this client before on another server with the same OS.

get a error of abnormal termination, internal error has occurred. unknown error. message doesn't list any files to send to Oracle. What prerequisites are need to install oracle to Windows Server 2008 Standard?
        • 1. Re: oracle 10g client install abnormal termination
          clcarter
          x64? Here you go. Instant client? Note the subsection for "Installing 32-bit Client Software ... on x64 ..." if that's where you want to go.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b15680/toc.htm#CJAFJGIC
          • 2. Re: oracle 10g client install abnormal termination
            your post seems to imply I need to use some switches in the section titled installing 32 bit on 64 bit paltform. I have another Windows Server 2008 Standard server and all I did was to run setup.exe and the client installed as expected.

With this other server, I dodn't know if I'm missing a component the Oracle client is looking for but I get the abnormal termination message. This server is the same OS as to the one where I didn't have any difficulty.