This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2012 10:02 PM by Mahendra RSS

ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org

Venkata Giridhar Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

We have an ATO item assigned to three org's. Star item created in one of these orgs should ideally create BOM and ROUTINGS in the other two orgs.
Common bills have been defined only in the Validation Orgs the orgs are in.

Are there any setups that I missed?

Thanks
  • 1. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Mahendra Journeyer
    937298 wrote:
    Hi,

We have an ATO item assigned to three org's. Star item created in one of these orgs should ideally create BOM and ROUTINGS in the other two orgs.
    Common bills have been defined only in the Validation Orgs the orgs are in.

Are there any setups that I missed?

Thanks
    No it will not be avaiable in other org's..
    try creating a SO with one of the other org..

Ex..I have a ATO BOM in V1 and copied to M1 and M2..
    I have created the ATO sales order with M1 as warehouse..and star item is created..
    Now this star item will be visible in V1 and M1 only..

Hope this clarifies

HTH
    Mahendra
  • 2. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Venkata Giridhar Newbie
    Hi Mahendra,

Didn't quite understand what you have explained.

Star items are derived from ATO models in our case. The star item BOM and Routings are not copied to orgs to which the ATO model is assigned to.
    Do you have any idea why this usually happens?

Thank you.
  • 3. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Mahendra Journeyer
    937298 wrote:
    Hi Mahendra,

Didn't quite understand what you have explained.

Star items are derived from ATO models in our case. The star item BOM and Routings are not copied to orgs to which the ATO model is assigned to.
    Do you have any idea why this usually happens?

Thank you.
    That's what i have explained you..detailing more here..
    Star items gets created from ATO models??what do you mean here?
    once you go and create a SO with ATO model and do all necessary configuration star item is created...correct??Or you follow something else??

If yes then here is one more example..

ATO Model.. It is the parent model
    PUR1 Say it has 2 purchased items as components
    PUR2

For this you are creating BOM and Routings in V1...
    Copied BOM to M1 and M2...Assuming that all the items are present in both org's

Now if you create a SO for the first time with M1 as warehouse..and you select PUR1 as component..
    Assume ATO Model* 300100 Star Item line is created
    For this ATO Model*300100 BOM and Routings will be created in M1 and V1 only.....*They will not be created in M2*

Let me know if you need more clarification

Mahendra
  • 4. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Venkata Giridhar Newbie
    Hi Mahendra,

The star item is assigned to three manufacturing orgs where sales orders are also created.
    Also, when the sales orders are booked, no warehouse is mentioned.

What do you think of this scenatio?

Thanks.
  • 5. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Mahendra Journeyer
    937298 wrote:
    Hi Mahendra,

The star item is assigned to three manufacturing orgs where sales orders are also created.
    How are you assigning the star Item??
    Also, when the sales orders are booked, no warehouse is mentioned.
    if no warehouse is mentioned while booking..from where you are shipping the product to customer
    >
    What do you think of this scenatio?

Thanks.
  • 6. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Venkata Giridhar Newbie
    I'm under the impression that Organization assigment of parent model would take care of this. Not sure about this Mahendra.
    if no warehouse is mentioned while booking..from where you are shipping the product to customer
    Dropshipments.

Any opinion Mahendra?
  • 7. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Mahendra Journeyer
    937298 wrote:
    I'm under the impression that Organization assigment of parent model would take care of this. Not sure about this Mahendra.
    Dropshipments.

Any opinion Mahendra?
    As i stated in my previous reply..organization assignment will not do...do test the case in test instance..
    How come dropship come into picture..when you are manfacturing the Item...in house?

FYI Even for dropship you need the warehouse to do logical receiving of the PO...so that it has the ship to as customer location and he bill to you...so that the supplier sends invoice to you...

I think the business process you are following in not right :)

Mahendra
  • 8. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Venkata Giridhar Newbie
    Hi Mahendra

Thank you very much for your reply. Was very informative.

One last question. If a star item is created in the warehouse org, would BOM and Routings for that star item be created too in warehouse org/receiving org in dropshipments?

• 9. Re: ATO star items created in one organization don't appear in another org
    Mahendra Journeyer
    937298 wrote:
    Hi Mahendra

Thank you very much for your reply. Was very informative.

One last question. If a star item is created in the warehouse org, would BOM and Routings for that star item be created too in warehouse org/receiving org in dropshipments?

Yes BOM and Routings will be created in the warehouse org..assuming the model is present in the warehouse org..
    Am still wondering why dropship comes here..You are not asking the supplier to ship to the customer..correct.. as Star Item is being manufactured in house..

Hope it clarifies

Mahendra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points