3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2012 2:34 PM by User287063 RSS

Invalid Objects after upgrade to 11gR2

User287063
      EBS - 12.1.2
      SLES SP10 - Linux x86-64

DB - 11.2.0.3
      zVM/OS

After our upgrade to 11.2.0.3, I see that the number of invalid objects has gone from approx 35 to about 92. I ran adadmin to compile the APPS schema - and there are still 79.

What strikes me as odd is that most of the invalid objects are in the APPS schema - and are prefixed with either EDW_ or FII_

This is not the case in the PRODUCTION (yet to be upgraded) environment.

Is there something I am missing in the upgrade process?

What is the significance of the DB link EDW_APPS_TO_WH? Can this be the reason why the EDW_ objects are uncompiled?
        • 1. Re: Invalid Objects after upgrade to 11gR2
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          After our upgrade to 11.2.0.3, I see that the number of invalid objects has gone from approx 35 to about 92. I ran adadmin to compile the APPS schema - and there are still 79.

What strikes me as odd is that most of the invalid objects are in the APPS schema - and are prefixed with either EDW_ or FII_

This is not the case in the PRODUCTION (yet to be upgraded) environment.

Is there something I am missing in the upgrade process?

What is the significance of the DB link EDW_APPS_TO_WH? Can this be the reason why the EDW_ objects are uncompiled?
          You need to ensure that those database links are valid for those invalid objects to be validated.

Invalid objects for the Modules EDW and FII [ID 412032.1]
          EDW related Invalid Objects [ID 554036.1]
          Interoperability Notes EBS R12 with Database 11gR2 [ID 1058763.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=EDW+AND+Invalid&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Invalid Objects after upgrade to 11gR2
            User287063
            >
            You need to ensure that those database links are valid for those invalid objects to be validated.

Invalid objects for the Modules EDW and FII [ID 412032.1]
            EDW related Invalid Objects [ID 554036.1]
            Interoperability Notes EBS R12 with Database 11gR2 [ID 1058763.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=EDW+AND+Invalid&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
            I just went through both notes - 412032.1 & 554036.1 - dropped and re-created the DB links (not sure how to go about testing them since they connect within the same instance). Then ran adadmin for the recompile of the APPS schema - but I am back to 79 invalid objects.

Is there anything else I should be looking at - and beyond that, what is the significance of invalid EDW_ and FII_ packages in an enviroment that uses the financial accounting HUB, AP, AR and GL?

Thanks so much.
            • 3. Re: Invalid Objects after upgrade to 11gR2
              User287063
              Ok - false alarm - from one of your other posts, I used the statement

select * from dual@APPS_TO_APPS

to test the DB link and it failed - appears that the SID for 11gR2 is case sensitive. So I change the case to lower and re-created the links, and then ran the object compile utility for the APPS schema and I'm now back down to 37 - which is somewhere much closer to what we had prior to the upgrade.

Thanks again so much.