14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 1:02 PM by User362976

PO approval notification not received by user

User362976
      Hi,

There are 2 POs pending for approval from user. The PO status shows 'In Process'. The user is not receiving any notifications for approving the POs. Can someone let me know the root cause and the resolution.

Regards,
      Radhika.
        • 1. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
          User315731
          Try running the following requests
          1) Synchronize WF Local Tables
          2) Workflow Background Process.

Try creating new PO's once the request gets completed.

Thanks
          -Arif.
          • 2. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
            User362976
            Hi Arif,

The requests mentioned by you are continuously running in production. Workflow background process is running every 5 minutes and the other request is running everyday. Hope this request should have been picked up.

Is there anything else to be checked to find the root cause?

Regards,
            Radhika.
            • 3. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
              Mahendra
              what can you see from action history of the PO from PO summary form??
              Do you see the user name who has to be next approver??

Mahendra
              • 4. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                User315731
                Hi Radhika,
                Try to check the navigaitons below.

1. Log in to the Purchasing responsibility
                2. Navigate to Purchase Orders>Purchase Order Summary
                3. Query the purchase order
                4. Navigate under the toolbar to Tools>View Approval Through Workflow
                5. Take note of the number next to PO Approval Top Process: PO Approval <
                number> at the top of the page. This number is the Item Key.
                6. Go back to the main Navigator
                7. Navigate to Workflow User>Find Processes
                8. Enter the <number> in the Item Key field
                9. Click on Find
                10. The following page will reflect a stop light in the Error field if the
                workflow is in error.
                11. Click on the Process Name: PO Approval Top Process
                12. Click on View Diagram
                13. Use the scroll bars and follow the green lines until it ends on a process
                14. Double click on the last process the green line points to
                15. Follow 14 and 15 until you come to a process outlined in red
                16. Single click on the process outlined in red
                17. Click on the Expedite button on the bottom of the page
                18. Make sure Retry is checked <default>
                19. Click OK
                20. This will restart the workflow process

Thanks
                -Arif.
                • 5. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                  User362976
                  Hi,

Thanks for the detailed information. We dont have access to the Front end form. We dont even have read-only access. Also the data is not available in dev or test environment since this is very recent data.

Is there any means by which i can check in the backend?

Regards,
                  Radhika.
                  • 6. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                    Mahendra
                    928719 wrote:
                    Hi,

Thanks for the detailed information. We dont have access to the Front end form. We dont even have read-only access. Also the data is not available in dev or test environment since this is very recent data.

Is there any means by which i can check in the backend?

Regards,
                    Radhika.
                    That's not good..
                    can you get the wf_Item_key for that PO from po_headers_all
                    and run this query

select * from WF_NOTIFICATIONS where item_key='&Item_key'

check original_recipient from_user to_user and the subject

this should give you a decent idea...

Mahendra
                    • 7. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                      Paarthy-Oracle
                      Radhika,

If it is an one time issue, you can reset the document to its previous status using the script in the note
                      How To Reset a Purchase Order or Requisition From In Process or Pre-Approved To Incomplete/Requires Reapproval For Isolated Cases (Doc ID 390023.1)
                      and then resubmit the document for approval.

Regards,
                      Paarthy
                      • 8. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                        User362976
                        Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for the info. I am not able to view any data in the WF_NOTIFICATIONS table for the item_keys corresponding to the POs.

Any other way to get the root cause?

Regards,
                        Radhika.
                        • 9. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                          Mahendra
                          928719 wrote:
                          Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for the info. I am not able to view any data in the WF_NOTIFICATIONS table for the item_keys corresponding to the POs.

Any other way to get the root cause?

Regards,
                          Radhika.
                          If you are not seeing data..mostly the WF might have errored out.
                          In that case you have to retry that workflow..also please see the note by paarthy...if it helps

I don't know if this will help if workflow error out..see what you get here

select * from PO_APPROVAL_LIST_HEADERS where wf_item_key='&Item_key'
                          Get the document_id from above query and pass it as object_id in the below query

select * from PO_ACTION_HISTORY where object_id=&object_id

This should list out the sequence of actions performed on that document

Mahendra
                          • 10. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                            User362976
                            Hi Mahendra,

With the queries provided, I checked for the action sequence, the sequence is as follows:

0 - SUBMIT - Faxed to Vendor for one PO and Emailed to Requestor for another PO
                            1 - FORWARD - Faxed to Vendor for one PO and Emailed to Requestor for another PO
                            2 - NULL
                            • 11. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                              Mahendra
                              928719 wrote:
                              Hi Mahendra,

With the queries provided, I checked for the action sequence, the sequence is as follows:

0 - SUBMIT - Faxed to Vendor for one PO and Emailed to Requestor for another PO
                              1 - FORWARD - Faxed to Vendor for one PO and Emailed to Requestor for another PO
                              2 - NULL
                              For the null record is this the same user(i.e employee_id in action history table) who has said he didn't receive the notification??
                              I think if this is not the case with every othe PO's I think you need to reset the PO to Incomplet/Requires re approval..for one of case..
                              Or try with a super user who has workflow adminstartor resp..to see if the workflow has errored out..if yes u need to retry that

Mahendra
                              • 12. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                                User362976
                                For NULL record, its a different user. I checked with the user for the 'FORWARD' status but the user says he did not receive any notification.
                                • 13. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                                  Mahendra
                                  928719 wrote:
                                  For NULL record, its a different user. I checked with the user for the 'FORWARD' status but the user says he did not receive any notification.
                                  what about the null record user..he also didn't receive it?
                                  we will try one last step...ask any super user who has the enough approver limits..to go Purchasing-->Management-->Forward documents
                                  when the find document window open..ask him to key in the PO number
                                  and give the new approver as himself..check the record..and ask him to save it..

He should receive a notification...if this also fails...mostly workflow has failed

Good Luck :)

HTH
                                  Mahendra
                                  • 14. Re: PO approval notification not received by user
                                    User362976
                                    ok.. will check on this.. thanks for your help Mahendra.. i was able to learn many things as i am new to iprocurement.