9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2012 5:38 AM by Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim RSS

Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration

Dear All,

I am installing 11g Forms & Reports in Windows 7 OS [64bit].

My Software Versions are :

Weblogic 10.3.2 [wls1036_generic]
      Forms and Reports 11.1.1 [Patched for 11.1.1.6.0]

Once i started the installation of weblog server and Forms & reports are went fine without any error.at this stage i have just installed.
      In second stage i tried to configure it, but in the configuration process "*Creating Domain*" is not moving to the next stage, till now there is no error found in the log file !!

Its just showing "*Step Creating Domain Started*" in the log.. there is no other action it showing,,

Kindly advice me, i am struggling in this for last 4 days..

In below i have given the last few lines of the log file.

Regards
      Hamid

[oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] Assigning value: to variable:EM_URL
      [2012-06-08T23:01:10.018+04:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] Assigning value: to variable:EMAGENT_URL
      [2012-06-08T23:01:10.018+04:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] Assigning value: to variable:ADMIN_CONSOLE_URL
      [2012-06-08T23:01:10.018+04:00] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.install.template.screens.ConfigurationPage] [SRC_METHOD: onDescriptionChange] [CONFIG PAGE] New Description: Application Configuration
      [2012-06-08T23:01:10.018+04:00] [as] [TRACE] [] [oracle.as.install.engine.modules.presentation] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] [SRC_CLASS: oracle.as.install.template.screens.ConfigurationPage] [SRC_METHOD: onDescriptionChange] [CONFIG PAGE] Old Description: Application Configuration
      [2012-06-08T23:01:10.050+04:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] Setting valueOf(DOMAIN_HOME_PATH) to:C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/ClassicDomain. Value obtained from:USER
      [2012-06-08T23:01:11.906+04:00] [as] [NOTIFICATION] [] [oracle.as.install.engine] [tid: 13] [ecid: 0000JVDU7zQDwWWFLzvH8A1Fo^g1000004,0] Setting valueOf(DOMAIN_PORT) to:7001. Value obtained from:USER
        • 1. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
          Amatu Allah Neveen Ebrahim
          Hi Hameed

There is a known problem on Windows 64 bits system when a directory like "C:\Program Files (x86)\..;" is in the PATH

The solution is :

1.set the PATH to a "minimal" value before launching setup.exe : set PATH=%WINDIR%;%WINDIR%\system32 setup.exe
          Pls Go to Step 5 :)

2. Ensure that the PATH environment variable DOES NOT have folder names with spaces NOT to get stuck in the creating domains section.

Every step or Modification u did record it by hand and get the output result from it in a paper this will be a reference to u to trace and never forget a step as a flow chart. u should also reference the Steps u followed in previous thread by NOADF.

Well with Googling i found out these Steps... Installing Oracle Fusion Middleware (Forms/Reports) 11g on windows 7 x64 also Read Michael Ferrante Notes...

first step_ is to have a *64 bit JDK or JRE* installed on your computer.

2. download the wls1033_generic.jar file from Oracle's edelivery site: http://edelivery.oracle.com/

( the download file is actually a zip file named V21016-01.zip The zip contains a single jar file.)

3.launch the Weblogic Server Installer for 10.3.3 by typing ... java -jar wls1033_generic.jar

after the wls has been installed you are ready to install Forms Reports, etc.

After installing wls remember to stop the Node Manager service if you chose to set that up in the wls installer.

It uses the 5556 port and it could cause complications if that service is running when we later get to the final configuration step after the patch has been applied.

-- *** The following Not in ur ***---

Download the 64 bit versions of the four fusion disks for 11.1.1.2

ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip
          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk2_1of1.zip
          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk3_1of1.zip
          ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.2.0_64_disk4_1of1.zip

4. run the setup.exe from disk1 after you've expaneded those zips.

Do NOT run the configuration step. Only install the 11.1.1.2.0 software

then download the 64 bit version of the 11.1.1.3.0 patch

ofm_pfrd_win_11.1.1.3.0_64_disk1_1of1.zip

after expanding that zip run the setup.exe

Once you've installed the patch it is time to configure Fusion, create the domain, config forms and reports, etc.

5.*Open a CMD command window. Run it As Administrator.*

Set PATH =%WINDIR%;%WINDIR%\System;%WINDIR%\System32

cd C:\oracle\Middleware\Fusion_OracleHome\bin

config.bat

By cleaning up the PATH variable, the config runs smoothly without hanging when Creating Domain.

For More Information Pls read carefully...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah

Edited by: Amatu Allah on Jun 8, 2012 2:36 PM
          • 2. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
            Thank you very much Miss,

This is called correct response,

Please suggest me to set my path value

This is my current PATH value :+C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;+

What i am asking is does i need to add this below new value in that above path values or i need to remove all the above mentioned values and keep the new value ??

C:\Windows\System32;

Pls Suggest it will be a great help for me,,

Regards
            Hamid

In 5th Step you have mentioned to set the path in command prompt,, what path value i have to give :

set PATH=C:\Windows\System32  or  ?? set PATH=%WINDIR%;%WINDIR%\System;%WINDIR%\System32

Edited by: Hameed on Jun 9, 2012 12:18 AM

Edited by: Hameed on Jun 9, 2012 2:11 AM
            • 3. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
              Hameed wrote:
              Thank you very much Miss,

This is called correct response,

Please suggest me to set my path value

This is my current PATH value :+C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;+

What i am asking is does i need to add this below new value in that above path values or i need to remove all the above mentioned values and keep the new value ??

C:\Windows\System32;

Pls Suggest it will be a great help for me,,

Regards
              Hamid

In 5th Step you have mentioned to set the path in command prompt,, what path value i have to give :

set PATH=C:\Windows\System32  or  ??

Edited by: Hameed on Jun 9, 2012 12:18 AM
              Hi Hameed

Pls note_: A 64-bit Windows has two different versions of the program files folder and the Windows system folder (system directory).

One version is intended for 32-bit files and other version is intended for 64-bit files.

Below table you can see the full path to the folders.

Folder name      Folder path      Description
              System32      C:\Windows\System32      Windows System folder (system directory) for 64-bit files
              SysWOW64      C:\Windows\SysWOW64      Windows System folder (system directory) for 32-bit files

it had been mentioned that....

(Oracle) certification for Windows 7 x64
              ONLY refers to the 32bit version of the FMw software (see the cert table cell 67F).
              You should not attempt to install the FMw x64 release, as even if you manage to get it installed, it will not be supported.
              am really not sure...

Give it a try it's a short way cut remains don't be panic and go forward... :)

Start with user10693742 practical experience using...
              C:\Windows\System32      
              Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
              • 4. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                Hi, Thank u for your good reference,,

I have started again, but again standing in the same stage .. i followed and noted every steps, now i got a small doubt,, i am using wls1036_generic.jar weblogic,, ?? is this the problem, because u have mentioned 10.3.3 [*wls_1033_generic.jar*]..

Is this the problem ??
                Regards
                Hamid
                • 5. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                  Hi

The version numbers r matched in Release 1.

So pls notice the last digit.

Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.2 with WLS 10.3.2
                      Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.3 with WLS 10.3.3
                      Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.4 with WLS 10.3.4
                      Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.5 with WLS 10.3.5
                      Fusion Middleware 11.1.1.6 with WLS 10.3.6
                  This only applies to FMw 11.1.1.x (Release 1)

so it depends on what Fusion Middleware r u intended 2 install not on the post version mentioned.

In the thread posted ; helped us determined the cause of the problem which is (paths) now u have 2 determine urself how to go on with the installation.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
                  • 6. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                    Alhamdurillah,,

Its completed successfully ...

Thank you for your support.

I have only one doubt !

Actually i have installed this 11g forms for a Demo Purpose. One of our client wanted to migrate old reports from their Oracle Finance Sever [E-Business suite 6 Release].

My suggested plan for them is, Export the Old 7 Database into 11gR2 and Deploy the old reports into new 11g Forms and Reports.

Kindly suggest me what kind of server i have to use for this ?

If it Windows 2008 R2 server, then what versions of weblogic server and 11g forms & Reports i have to use.

Expecting your Reply and Advice.

Regards
                    Hamid
                    • 7. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                      Thanks God... :)

u always welcomed , Pls state the steps u followed to beneficially let others learn from ur experience regarding this issue... (in shaa Allah This will be sadaka jariah pls try Not to Miss...)
                      while spending these 4 days working on...
                      One of our client wanted to migrate old reports from their Oracle Finance Sever [E-Business suite 6 Release].
                      for forms 6 u will need need to first upgrade to forms 10.1.2 and then upgraded to 11g. i probably think it will be the same concept concerning E-Business not sure really...

For the Forms 11g R2 installation on 64 bit Windows 2008 R2 you will need to read Quick Tips for Installing Forms 11g R2

i would recommend u choosing the Development installation option during the installation of 11.1.2 since just in case choosing the Deployment option and include the Builders during that installation, you do not need to start everything in order to run a form. All that is needed is WLS_FORMS.

If you have access to MyOracleSupport, you should access ... note:854117.1 which shows the steps with nice clear screenshots.

If you want to see a video of the install steps_ then check out ... note:1088873.1

To configure SSO with 11g* you should go to note:852352.1

and for maintenance information_ go to note:1073776.1

Pls watch out The Installation and Configuration Screens for Oracle Forms and Reports This should also help

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Amatu Allah
                      • 8. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                        Thank u very much, i will Post the issues i faced, but i have done lot of mistakes,, the first is as u mentioned before,, note down all the steps , i have not done that,, that is the main mistake i have done, other than that same steps u have given here..

I wanted to do the same Installation in AIX Environment within a week, inshallah i will make a step by step document for that and i will share it here,, till that day i wont close my Q..

Regards
                        Hamid

for forms 6 u will need need to first upgrade to forms 10.1.2 and then upgraded to 11g. i probably think it will be the same concept concerning E-Business not sure really...
                        Actually that finance server is not in use, they just want few reports from that, so i decided to deploy those reports in 11g forms & Reports server with Weblogic server after it migrate by our development team. my task is to export 7 database into 11gR2 and install 11g Forms & Reports..

Thanks again,, if u have any idea, kindly share with me,,
                        • 9. Re: Step Creating Domain Started - In 11g Forms and Reports Configuration
                          Hi Hameed

Well, it's the way we learn from experience sometimes it's not going on the way we expect.

No matter, i suggest u to down load a program where u can register every step during installation but u have to reherce it to get used on it before starting installation besides registering the steps manually using an chart to summarize the actions even by symbol to save time.

am looking forward to the steps

No success comes with out a fail or a mistake this is the meaning & the value of experience we learnt through our work or even Life.

God Bless u with success, Ameen.

Regards,

Amatu Allah