4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2013 10:35 AM by 727959 RSS

P6 V7 "Reports" button fails: Errors AVAA0-1510-2 & 2269-6 Access Violation

Primavera-SSEUK
      Hello everyone, we are experiencing a strange error affecting just one person at the moment.

Running Primavera P6 Release 7 running on Citrix servers Windows 2003 & SQL Server 2005
      One user experiences a new continous "Reports" button failure: Event Error AVAA0-1510-2 then AVAA0-2269

* Other Primavera Citrix users can run reports in the same project(s) as he is trying to.
      * He gets the problem in any projects in Primavera
      * He still gets the fault despite our Citrix team clearing his cache twice
      * He can print to all his Citrix-connected printers via other Citrix applications (e.g. Word)
      * He can continue to use Primavara without problems aprat from this.

* He gets the Event Error AVAA0-1510-2 when clicking to the Report Screen
      * and AVAA0-2269-6 when trying to run the report once in the Report Screen.

Window entitled "Event" with message:
      "An application event has been intercepted. | Please Note the event code for reference. | Event Code AVAA0-2269-6"
      Window entitled "Exception:EAccessViolation" with "Message" tab "Application Exception" message:
      "Type EAccessViolation | Event Code AVAA0-2269-6 | Description Access violation at address 00855370 in module 'PM.exe'. Read of address 00000008"
      Window entitled "Exception:EAccessViolation" with "Context" tab "Application Context" message:
      "Application Title Primavera P6 Project Management | Executable PM.exe | Object TCUltraButton" | "Context
      1: TfrmMain.actReportsReportsExecute
      2: TfrmMain.actProjectActivitiesExecute
      3: TfrmMain.actProjectActivitiesExecute
      4: TfrmMain.actReportsReportsExecute
      5: TCFormManager.SetToolbar
      6: TfrmLogin.FormCreate
      7:
      8: "
      Many thanks
        • 1. Re: P6 V7 "Reports" button fails: Errors AVAA0-1510-2 & 2269-6 Access Violation
          The only thing I have found so far on the forum

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=TROUBLESHOOTING&id=896644.1

so far is this article "Troubleshooting Access Violation Event Code Errors: AVAA or AVAA0 [ID 896644.1]"
          "...There isn't a common way to fix all Access Violation errors because there are so many different (and unpredictable) situations which can cause them."
          Check this:

User Preferences
          "Another common cause of AVAA errors is corruption within a Users Preference which is stored in the database in USERDATA table..."
          ...have the user log into P6 from multiple client machines. The problem should occur at any client machine. If it does not, User Preferences is most likely not the issue. "
          Solution
          * One option is to create a new user profile by using the following instruction:
          * Make notes of the user preferences in Edit, User Preferences
          * Choose Admin, Users and add a new profile
          * Set the appropriate Global and Project level profiles and licensing
          * Reset the User Preferences noted above
          • 2. Re: P6 V7 "Reports" button fails: Errors AVAA0-1510-2 & 2269-6 Access Violation
            Primavera-SSEUK
            Nothing new to help us (I'd already found the socument Doc ID 896644.1) and tried the section about corrupt USERDATA by recreating a Primavera user without success

However, our Citrix team succeeded as shown below (Names removed)
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            To: IT Support
            Cc: Citrix Team
            Date: 15/06/2012 15:30
            Subject: Re: Primavera Issue - Severity 2 Fault 905020140
            ~~~~~~~ - PRIMAVERA "REPORT" BUTTON FAILS TO RUN ANY REP.

I think there is a wider fault here as I am now having problems with Microsoft based software in that I can load a document, but when I go to print it comes up with the error message;

[image removed] ("...Microsoft Project has encountered a problem and needs to close...")

Is there a way that my Citrix profile could be rebooted to clear everything. or even delete my user profile and start again? >
            Many Thanks

Primavera User
            Planning Engineer
            To: Primavera User
            Cc: IT Support
            Date: 15/06/2012 16:52
            ~~~~~~~~ - PRIMAVERA "REPORT" BUTTON FAILS TO RUN ANY REPORT

I have performed a complete clear of any settings related to any Citrix application. You should be able to test with complete default settings now.
            Regards,
            Citrix Infrastructure Support
            To: Citrix Team
            Cc: IT Support
            Date: 18/06/2012 08:45
            ~~~~~~~ - PRIMAVERA "REPORT" BUTTON FAILS TO RUN ANY REP.

Thanks very much for that, it would appear that whatever you did has worked as I can now print from Microsoft, run Reports in P6 and print in P6.
            Many Thanks

Primavera User
            Planning Engineer
            • 3. Re: P6 V7 "Reports" button fails: Errors AVAA0-1510-2 & 2269-6 Access Violation
              Primavera-SSEUK
              Our problem was solved by our Citrix team

neither by us using Document "Troubleshooting Access Violation Event Code Errors: AVAA or AVAA0 (Doc ID 896644.1)"
              nor by the Oracle Support who gave us the same answer as we'd found in the knowledgbase:
              -----------------
              Dear IT Support

Thanks for contacting Oracle Support for Primavera. To clarify you have one user that accesses P6 from a Citrix environment and is getting the application event errors AVAA0-1510-2 then AVAA0-2269 when navigating to the Reports section and trying to run a Report in P6? This only effects one user and occurs for all Projects. You have tried clearing the cache but this was unsuccessful.

Application events are unfortunately tricky to troubleshoot because P6 knows something went wrong but does not know the cause. Can I suggest the following knowledge article for you to review that has troubleshooting techniques to try that may resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Access Violation Event Code Errors: AVAA or AVAA0 (Doc ID 896644.1)

In particular look at the alternative solution links because some of these refer to reporting. Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.
              • 4. Re: P6 V7 "Reports" button fails: Errors AVAA0-1510-2 & 2269-6 Access Violation
                Hi Primavera-SSEUK,

Please can you share your solution as I am encountering a very similar problem with using Citrix.

Many Thanks

Lushman