This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2012 2:09 AM by 940750 RSS

KVStore parameters Part 1

940750 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I have doubt regarding KVStore Parameters can any one help me on that:

Q1) What is latencty percentile and and any help me explain maxltrackedlatency with the help of an example,if possible?

Q2) Wht is repnodeStartWait

Q3) What is threadMaxdump

Q4) What is maxlinkcount

Q5) What is thread dump interval.

Q6) What is servicesStopWait.

Q7) What is  linkExecWait

Q8) What is requestQuiesceTime

Q9) What is createCSV

Thanks and Regards
Rishabh
  • 1. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    guy.k.hillyer Newbie
    Hi Rishabh

The answers to your questions in Q1 about latency percentiles and such can be found in the FAQ document at http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/nosqldb/learnmore/nosqldb-faq-518364.html .

The other parameters you are asked about are intended only for internal use, and so they are not documented. By default, these parameters are not visible to users. They become visible in help messages in the Admin CLI when you issue the command "hidden." Did you discover them in this way?

-- Guy Hillyer
  • 2. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    940750 Newbie
    Thanks Guy for your insights. I didn't found them that way, instead i found these and bunch of other parameters in config.xml located in sn# folder of store folder.

Is it possible to get info on these parameters and how these parameters affect working of Oracle NoSQL?

Thanks
    Rishabh
  • 3. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    guy.k.hillyer Newbie
    These parameters exist mainly for internal debugging purposes, and are not intended for adjustment by users. They are undocumented and subject to change or removal.
  • 4. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    940750 Newbie
    These parameters exist mainly for internal debugging purposes, and are not intended for adjustment by users. They are undocumented and subject to change or removal.

Thanks Guy. I have doubt regarding two parameters which are documented. These are:

1) maxTrackedlatency: So I set it as, say, 5 milliseconds, so how will 95 and 99 percientiles will be calculated.

2) loggingConfigProps: What type of attributes can be set here.

Thanks and Regards
    Rishabh Agrawal
  • 5. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    guy.k.hillyer Newbie
    <li>maxTrackedLatency
        Latencies greater than this number of milliseconds are generally ignored.

<li>loggingConfigProps
        This is a string of log property settings such as would appear on separate lines in a java.util.logging.config.file. Multiple assignments can appear on this line, separated by semicolons.

An example setting:
    oracle.kv.level=FINEST
        Changing this parameter causes the RepNode to be restarted.
  • 6. Re: KVStore parameters Part 1
    940750 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Guy,that was really helpful.

Is it possible for you to provide your Email Id, as we are partnering with Orace and integrating one of our product with Oracle NoSQL, we may require more info on these parameters.

Kindly feel free to get in touch with me at rishabh.agrawal@impetus.co.in

Thanks and Regards
    Rishabh Agrawal

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points