6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 8:07 PM by 724449

FDM Application Error

I added a new validation entity in FDM that contained "&" which is a reserved character. However, it accepted the name and now i am getting the following error message:
      How do I fix this?

Application Error

Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.

Exception Details:

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 52.

Source:

http://mushni-hypap02p.honi.com/HyperionFDM/Pages/ValidationEntities.aspx

Stack Trace:

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates() at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.ProcessGridUpdates() at Hyperion.FDM.Controls.Grid.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
        • 1. Re: FDM Application Error
          JeffJon
          Query the tdatamap database table for the record that contains the & and remove the & value from the table.
          • 2. Re: FDM Application Error
            I have exported the tdatamap table and cannot find the validation entity group that contains the "&". Are the validation entity group names contained in another table?
            • 3. Re: FDM Application Error
              JeffJon
              Sorry, the validation entites are in the tbhvvalentgroup and tbhvvalentitem tables.
              • 4. Re: FDM Application Error
                I am able to see it in the tBhvValEntGroup but when i try to delete the row and then update the grid, i am getting the same application error message.

Application Error

Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.

Exception Details:

An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 52.

Source:

http://mushni-hypap02p.honi.com/HyperionFDM/Pages/TableEditor.aspx

Stack Trace:

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.Web.Util.AspCompatApplicationStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
                • 5. Re: FDM Application Error
                  LarryR
                  Have you tried to run an UPDATE command in SQL to remove the & character? If you're using SQL Server, the code would look like this:

USE yyy;
                  UPDATE tBhvValEntGroup
                  SET ValEntGroupKey = 'abc123'
                  WHERE ValEntGroupKey = 'abc&123';

yyy represents the FDM database name, and abc123 represents the Entity name after the & has been removed.
                  • 6. Re: FDM Application Error
                    I was able to have our IT department remove the item with the & from the tBhvValEntGroup table from the database. Problem solved!