3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 5:27 AM by Pete Mahon RSS

Skillbuilders Modal Page on IE8 with an IE6 compatible Apex theme

Pete Mahon
      Hi,

We have been using Theme 13 for quite some time now - I'm aware it's not the best theme in the world to use but with the number of application pages we have now it will take a long time to upgrade them to a newer theme.

Recently we implemented the Skillbuilders modal page with more than a little help from Dan McGhan and it looks amazing, using any Apex theme, when using IE9, Chrome, Firefox etc. For some reason, when using IE8, we are experiencing strange behaviour.

The modal box is not showing the Close button and the right and bottom sides are hidden from view inside a parent div. This is a known issue with the jquery ui dialog, but I was hoping someone might have come up with a workaround to make it show correctly.

If you visit [url http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=62488:2:0:::::]this example with IE8 and click on the names, it doesn't display correctly.

Can anyone help? We know switching themes to a non-IE6 compatible one works but I would like to fix this without changing stuff to that extent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards, Pete