2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2012 2:12 PM by FlyingGuy RSS

How to read success/failure message while running sqlldr through php?

RENGANATHANMG
      Hi All,

currently i am running sqlldr through PHP . i want to read both success and failure message from sqlldr.

sometimes it fails to load data, but it shows record inserted

is there ant way to figure it out succ or failure?
        • 1. Re: How to read success/failure message while running sqlldr through php?
          cj
          SQL*Loader is a necessarily flexible product. You'll probably need to parse the log file.
          • 2. Re: How to read success/failure message while running sqlldr through php?
            FlyingGuy
            With SQL Loader you can get errors at several levels.

At the command line level by reading $? after it runs since it sets $ERROR_LEVEL correctly.

It also creates many types of log files which can then be parsed that include but are not limited to:

The [control file name].log and the [control file name].bad file which are created wherever you would like them to be created and named any way you would like them. The [control file name].bad file contains all records that were considered unacceptable by SQLLDR and therefor simply testing for that files existence will start you down the road to programatically dealing with errors.

Yes I know the documentation for SQLLDR is worse then stereo instructions that started out in Japanese, then were translated to Greek then to Korean then finally into English but there are some pretty good examples out there.