This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 15, 2012 12:04 PM by rajp RSS

Code Analyzer 12.3 can not load "dynamic" results?  (Spins forever.)

917192 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I've tested Code Analyzer 12.3 with a trivial application and it seems to work fine. Both "static" and "dynamic" results load great.

However when I instrument my real application, the "static" results load fine, but it never finishes loading the "dynamic" results.

Looking in the "Code Analyzer Log" window I see lots of stuff, including:

#################################tool state changed=1 state=running
Tool available=Analytics Tool: discover:DYNAMIC:RUNNING
ToolsNodeProvider: tool state changed=1 state=running session=1
ToolsNodeProvider: Tool discover available id=1 session=1
ToolsNodeProvider: Looking for tools node for session=1
ToolsNodeProvider: NO TOOLS NODE for session=1
setting tree view? true
updateFromManager for container
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.cnd.api.project.NativeProjectRegistry]: Open native project com.sun.tools.analytics.codemodel.bridge.impl.CodeModelProject@1c17a8c
skip adding not absolute filePath null
INFO [com.sun.tools.analytics.codemodel.bridge.impl.CodeModelProject]: updating project com.sun.tools.analytics.codemodel.bridge.impl.CodeModelProject$UpdateTask@1060c3e with new sources
SEVERE [org.openide.util.RequestProcessor]: Error in RequestProcessor org.netbeans.modules.dlight.util.DLightExecutorService$3
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
     at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
     at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
     at org.netbeans.modules.dlight.discover.parser.impl.DiscoverOutputParserSpica.addStackDataID(DiscoverOutputParserSpica.java:274)
     at org.netbeans.modules.dlight.discover.parser.impl.DiscoverOutputParserSpica.process(DiscoverOutputParserSpica.java:204)
     at com.sun.tools.analytics.oss.support.impl.AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.processLine(AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.java:421)
     at com.sun.tools.analytics.oss.support.impl.AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.readFile(AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.java:316)
     at com.sun.tools.analytics.oss.support.impl.AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.access$1000(AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.java:73)
     at com.sun.tools.analytics.oss.support.impl.AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector$3.run(AnalyticsOutputReaderDataCollector.java:259)
     at org.netbeans.modules.dlight.util.DLightExecutorService$3.run(DLightExecutorService.java:109)
     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1424)
[catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:1968)
SourceWorker for pending source: SourceWorkerData{filePaths=154, filesWithErrors=3, instance=1}
of target UITarget{1:Analytics PREVISE}
redirecting Results refresh in UI
INFO [SourceUtilities]: get Issues was called
redirecting refresh in UI
INFO [SourceUtilities]: get RootCause was called
################################################
/snip

Here is my version info:
Product Version: Code Analyzer 12.3 (12.3 [2011/11/14 c37c9c3fb6a6])
Java: 1.6.0_26; Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 20.1-b02
System: SunOS version 5.10 running on x86; ISO8859-1; en_US (codeanalyzer)

Is there anything I can do to get the results to load? I'm trying to track down a bug in my app that seems like it might be memory related.

Thank you
  • 1. Re: Code Analyzer 12.3 can not load "dynamic" results?  (Spins forever.)
    rajp Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Somebody might reply to you with a fix for the results not getting loaded.

In the meantime, I can give you a workaround. When you use the "discover" command to instrument, do not use the -a option. (If you have overwritten the binary, you will have to recreate it.)

Then run the instrumented application. An html file will be created named <your_binary_name>.html. It contains the errors in html format. Open it in a browser.

Raj

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points