5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2012 4:38 PM by HFM_Dev RSS

How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM

HFM_Dev
      Hi Gurus

1.How to load locations to FDQM without manual Entry?
      Can we load locations by using flat files?

Requirement: I have to create more than 1000 entities in FDM Application for mapping Target in HFM Application.
      How to achieve this?

regards
      Dev
        • 1. Re: How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM
          James.zhang
          Hi

Actually all the information in FDM are stored in the FDM application's database.

Therefore you can create this locations by SQL statment.

As far as I know, there is a table called "TPOVPARTITION" which can find each location's record.

I think you can first manually create one-two entities from FDM web. Then see what records in TPOVPARTITION table. Then write SQL statement to insert other locations.

BR

James
          • 2. Re: How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM
            HFM_Dev
            Hi James

Thanks for your help.

As instructed i have created one-two entities manually from FDM web. Then with TPOVPARTITION table.

When i ran the query its executing successfully but it is not showing in FDM.

How to update in FDM?

Please help me.

regards
            Dev
            • 3. Re: How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM
              James.zhang
              Hi Dev,

So in table TPOVPARTITION you should have all your entities in it?

I have not done it before but I think it would be a way to insert many entities at once.

If you cannot get the entities in FDM, there should be something to add at other database tables.

I think you can create a database monitor to see what changes after one location is created. Then you can use SQL statement to do the same thing.

Thanks.

James
              • 4. Re: How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM
                beyerch2
                Two things :

#1 - The tables you need to add data to are : tPOVPartition, tStructPartitionHierarchy, tStructPartitionLinks. The first table is the basic location information. The last two tables define the relationship hierarchy of where the locations belong. I would expect that if the Strcut information is missing, FDM will not be able to place it anywhere on the locations screen.

Additionally, for the tPOVPartition, there is required information and you need to make sure you are including all of that info when you create your record.

#2 - If you are handy at coding, I'm positive there is an API call to create a location. It would make more sense perhaps to write a script that uses the APIs to create the locations so that you can be sure that it is being done right.
                • 5. Re: How to create more than 1000 entitie in FDQM
                  HFM_Dev
                  Hi beyerch2

As instructed i have modified in 3 tables in SQL(tPOVPartition, tStructPartitionHierarchy, tStructPartitionLinks).

And Now its working great....☺ Thanks a lot....

regards
                  Dev