2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2012 6:42 AM by 944405 RSS

using interval day to second ah the APEX 4.1

Hi all,
      I am with a problem with the APEX 4.1!
      I am not getting use the "interval day to secound" type within a "Form on a Table or View"
      First problem - The APEX doesn't create automatic the Item within the "Form" and doesn't create the column of the report.( When exists an "Interval Day to Second" data type)
      Secound problem - After creating de Iten within of the Form and column within de Report, I can not pass the interval type field of the form to the report.

I already tested use of the Text Field, but the APEX only passes the information until the two points
      For exempla: I have the value +00000 06:04:00 in the Report, but it only passes the value +00000 06

Thanks.

Edited by: 941402 on Jun 27, 2012 3:58 PM

Edited by: 941402 on Jun 27, 2012 3:58 PM
        • 1. Re: using interval day to second ah the APEX 4.1
          fac586
          941402 wrote:
          Hi all,
          Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "941402".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
          I am with a problem with the APEX 4.1!
          I am not getting use the "interval day to secound" type within a "Form on a Table or View"
          First problem - The APEX doesn't create automatic the Item within the "Form" and doesn't create the column of the report.( When exists an "Interval Day to Second" data type)
          Unfortunately <tt>INTERVAL DAY TO SECOND</tt> is not natively supported in APEX in terms of report column formatting and summaries. See +{message:id=9371014}+ for some ideas on how to work round this.
          Secound problem - After creating de Iten within of the Form and column within de Report, I can not pass the interval type field of the form to the report.

I already tested use of the Text Field, but the APEX only passes the information until the two points
          For exempla: I have the value +00000 06:04:00 in the Report, but it only passes the value +00000 06
          Values containing colons (":") cannot be passed in APEX URLs, where they have a special use as separators in the query string.

The best practice is not to transfer data in the URL at all, other than the minimum possible number of discrete IDs. Values required on a target page can be retrieved in item source and default properties, computations or processes using these ID values, and/or by referencing other page or application item values already in session state.

If you must pass the interval value in the URL, convert it into an alphanumeric string representation that doesn't use APEX- or URL-sensitive characters.
          • 2. Re: using interval day to second ah the APEX 4.1
            Hi fac586,

Thanks for the help.

For the notify, if someone is with this problem, I could use a text field to save the interval type using the following format: "0 00:00:00"

Thanks