1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 1:02 AM by Philip Stoyanov-Oracle RSS

Data dictionary import and storage templates

I've imported a data dictionary from an Oracle database and I noticed there are about 200 Storage Templates created for table and index storage. We previously used Storage Definitions in Oracle Designer and we intend to use Storage Templates in the same way as the Storage Definition in Designer. I have a few questions in regards to the Storage Templates which I doubt there is an answer:

1. Is there any way of altering how these Storage Templates are created on import?
      2. Is there any way of making the import create more useful Storage Templates as having 200 of them is a bit pointless?
      3. Is there any info as to what basis a storage template created on import?

Any info really on how these Storage Templates are created on import and what I could do with them would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gabriel
        • 1. Re: Data dictionary import and storage templates
          Philip Stoyanov-Oracle
          Hi Gabriel,
          1. Is there any way of altering how these Storage Templates are created on import?
          No. I logged enhancement request on that
          2. Is there any way of making the import create more useful Storage Templates as having 200 of them is a bit pointless?
          It relates to question 1. What do you mean by more useful?
          3. Is there any info as to what basis a storage template created on import?
          When certain object is imported it's storage templatesand if there is no other template with same properties new one is created (tablespace is not taken into account) properties are taken from database (or DDL script)
          what I could do with them would be helpfu
          as the name template suggest you an use them to define storage properties for set of objects. You even can set tablespace in template and if specific object needs another teblespace it can be defined at object level.

Philip