8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2012 3:14 AM by 901771

You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid

Hi.

Error: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid

Error While creating the New supplier and creating new site for the existing supplier.

I went through the metalink document ID 1324182.1 . I have checked my functional currency INR is enabled in the GL -> currencies -> define.

and the error is still coming..

Plz Advice a solution

Thanks&Regards
      Surendra
        • 1. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
          Hi

I am a newbie to this procurement.

I will explain my problem clearly.
          I have used INR in my ledger.

and i have successfully created two suppliers( say supp1 and supp2) with two sites each.

and now i am trying to create a Standard Purchase Order. Initiall it is showing the currency in PO is INR and when i entered

the supplier name and site then currency is changing to UAH.(i dont know why it is changing).

thats the reason why , i try to update the invoice currency and payment currency in the supplier creation page Keypayment setup tab.

and this is showing the error: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid.

and when i am try to create a new supp, then also it is showing the same error.

and finally i disabled the UAH currency also.

Thanks&Regards
          Surendra Reddy.
          • 2. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
            Any Suggestions Plz.....

Thanks&Regards
            Surendra Reddy
            • 3. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
              PranitSaha
              Surendra,

Try updating the currency to INR in three places as below.

1. Key Payment Setups tab - Both Invoice currency and payment currency
              2. Invoice Management (Left side bar) -> Invoicing tab -> Invoice Currency
              3. Invoice Management (Left side bar) -> Invoicing tab -> Payment Currency

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,

PS.
              1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
                Hi PS,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

As i said, I have two suppliers (say supp1 and supp2)

For Supp1 ( 2 sites)
                and Supp2 ( no sites)

I followed your sugestion and , I updated the currency INR in Invoice management tab ( inv , payment currency) .
                and i succesfully updated the currecny...and i can even create the Standard PO also.. for the Supp1

But the problem is , I cant create the site for the Supp2. In the process of assigning OU, it is giving the below error. and i am not able to create new Supplier also.

Address and Site Creation - Unable to create address and sites because of the following error when trying to create the site in operating unit [PROTON CARS HYD OU]: [ You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid]. Either resolve this issue and try again or deselect the operating unit with the error and continue. Note: any new address requires at least one site in order to be created

Thanks&Regards
                Surendra Reddy
                • 5. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
                  PranitSaha
                  Surendra,

Have you used the same OU for the supplier1.

Also, check whether the supplier2 has been setup with the currency as INR.

Thanks,

PS.
                  • 6. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
                    Hi PS,

I am using only one OU for all sites.

I updated the currency INR for supp2 and now i can create the site. (Thanks for this)

Now i can Use both the Suppliers.

But the Problem is , Now i am creating a new supplier. then the below error appears

You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid

Thanks&Regards
                    Surendra Reddy
                    • 7. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
                      PranitSaha
                      Same solution. update the currency to INR.

Probably an end dated currency is being defaulted while you are trying to create the supplier.

So, anytime you face this issue, just update the currency to INR in all the places mentioned earlier.

Thanks,

PS.
                      • 8. Re: You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid
                        Hi All,

I got solution for this error.

Go To Payables Responsibilty.
                        setup ->Options->Payables System Setup

In this form,  Invoice currency field is defaultly populated as 'UAH' ,  change this to your functional currency like 'INR' .

Then try to create the supplier, now it wont show the above error.

Reason for the Error:   when ever you create a new payables responsibility for your Organization Setup,  it will defaulty taking the invoice currency as "UAH"  (haryine) .
                        that is the reason why, it is showing the below error.
                        *"You must specify a valid, enabled currency. Invoice Currency is invalid "*

Thnks
                        Surendra Reddy

Edited by: Surendra Reddy Velagala on Jul 3, 2012 8:14 PM