3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2012 11:50 PM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Split RCV lines

TomerS
      Hello All,

I have an approved Purchase Order with one line, quantity 5000.
      I need to receive it in five different locators on the same subinventory, but Oracle doesn't allow me to add more lines to the receipt after (or even before) I'm reducing the line's quantity from 5000 to 1000, so I have to leave the form and to re-enter it in order to split the RCV line for the same PO number.

Any idea how can I bypass this function and add more lines to the Receipts form according to my ordered quantity?

I'm using 11i.

Thanks,
      Tomer.
        • 1. Re: Split RCV lines
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          AFAIK, the Receipts screen or Receiving Transactions screen does not have this functionality.

Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: Split RCV lines
            TomerS
            Hello Sandeep,

Thank you for your fast answer!

I just want to make sure I described my question correctly:

I have one PO line, with quantity of 5000.
            In the Receipt form, I want to split the 5000 into 5 different lines, so I'll be able to get each and every one of them into separate locators, aka 5 locators.
            At the moment, the warehouse guys needs to receive 1000, then to Close the Receipts form, to re-open it with the same PO number (the quantity has been reduced), and to perform this close-open-close actions each time they want to split the receiving into different locators.

Please advise if the answer is still No.

Thanks,
            Tomer.

Edited by: Tomer Sapir on Jun 23, 2012 1:05 AM

Edited by: Tomer Sapir on Jun 23, 2012 1:05 AM
            • 3. Re: Split RCV lines
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              Tomer, you had described your question correctly.
              Unfortunately, AFAIK, there is no way to do what you want.

One small consolation: You don't have to go ALL the out of the receipt screen. Once you have saved the first thousand, you can simple go to the FIND window (hidden behind) and hit find again.

Are you doing 1 step receipt or 2 step?
              If you are doing 2 step, then such splitting of quantities should happen in the 2nd step.

Sandeep Gandhi