5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 9:24 PM by Daniel Willis RSS

Rejected records for Essbase Loads

HyperionNewbie
      Hi all,

During our data loads, there are few entires which gets logged to error file as they are not present in outline.

I've written a condition to 'Reject Records' in the rules file. I see that rejected entries are still part of error file, is it possible to ignore them from logging to error file ?
        • 1. Re: Rejected records for Essbase Loads
          Daniel Willis
          Personally I think at the end of the day the best answer is do it in the source/export.
          • 2. Re: Rejected records for Essbase Loads
            HyperionNewbie
            We cannot add that rule in source, as we are loading data from tables directly and have no control on that.

All I want to know is, if I write a reject condition in load rule would the rejected entries be part of error file ?
            If Yes, then is there a provision to skip rejected records for error file?
            • 3. Re: Rejected records for Essbase Loads
              JohnGoodwin
              HyperionNewbie wrote:
              We cannot add that rule in source, as we are loading data from tables directly and have no control on that.
              If you are loading the data from tables then could you not just update the SQL so certain records are not loaded, at least this way the SQL is visible to see what is being ignored and also the data is not loaded to essbase.

Cheers

John
              http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
              • 4. Re: Rejected records for Essbase Loads
                GlennS_3
                If the rejection criteria is working correctly, then the rows should not show up in the error file. Those rows should be skipped completely
                • 5. Re: Rejected records for Essbase Loads
                  Daniel Willis
                  JohnGoodwin wrote:
                  HyperionNewbie wrote:
                  If you are loading the data from tables then could you not just update the SQL so certain records are not loaded, at least this way the SQL is visible to see what is being ignored and also the data is not loaded to essbase.

Cheers

John
                  http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
                  This is also what I would suggest.
                  I did realise that you were asking about the 'rejected records' functionality but my habit is that whenever someone has a problem I first figure out if it makes sense to have that problem in the first place.
                  I think most people prefer to do as little 'fancy' work in load rules as possible Two main reasons I would say is because the next person that comes along probably isn't going to realise it is there. EAS just doesn't make it obvious enough having various options tucked away in different dialogues. The other reason is that SQL is designed to do this sort of work very quickly and better/simpler than EAS can.

You're welcome to reject records in the load rule but I'm just adding to the discussion.