1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 1:49 PM by dtr

APEX Listener on GlassFish

dtr
      I was wondering how I can reconfigure/reload the APEX Listener after changing the apex-config.xml file ?
        • 1. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
          Prabodh
          Hi,

>
          I was wondering how I can reconfigure/reload the APEX Listener after changing the apex-config.xml file ?
          >

Why wonder when it is documented?
          See http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/appexpress/1.1/docs/AELIG/E21058_01.pdf?AuthParam=1340689999_377ebbaa4aecda08f15238a47b9d275e and http://download.oracle.com/otn/java/appexpress/1.1/docs/AELIG/E21058_01.pdf?AuthParam=1340689999_377ebbaa4aecda08f15238a47b9d275e.

Regards,
          • 2. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
            dtr
            I just double checked but I cannot see where this is explained ?
            • 3. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
              Prabodh
              Hi,
              The first link explains how to set the location of your apex-config.xml file. Unless you fix its location in the web.xml , you should not be editing it.
              The second link explains the preferred way of configuring ApexListener. ApexListner will update the apex-config.xml when you save the configuration.
              The first time you use listenerConfigure, subsequently you have to use listenerAdmin URL.

Regards,
              • 4. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                dtr
                Thank you: he links did not get me to the appropriate location.
                I have a configuration with the define location of the apex-config.xml file but i was wondering what needs to be done after changing any parameters in the configuration file ?
                • 5. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                  Prabodh
                  Hi,
                  >
                  Thank you: he links did not get me to the appropriate location.
                  I have a configuration with the define location of the apex-config.xml file but i was wondering what needs to be done after changing any parameters in the configuration file ?
                  >

First things first. Why are you not using listenerAdmin URL to change your ApexListener setup? It is meant for ease of setup. Please use it rather than editing you xml files.
                  You can do all that you can by editing the apex-config.xml through that URL.

Regards,
                  • 6. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                    mwrf
                    Not everything, you cannot change the database connection parameters from listenerAdmin URL.
                    • 7. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                      Prabodh
                      You are right.
                      Regards,
                      • 8. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                        Prabodh
                        If they do not come into effect on their own then restart the domain.

Regards,
                        • 9. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                          Udo
                          APEX Listener won't read the configuration again unless you either use the listenerAdmin (which isn't able to change all parameters, as you've already mentioned) or you restart the deployment.
                          So, when you want to change one of the parameters you can't edit in listenerAdmim, you are starting too late: You'll have to stop the deployment before you edit the file. Otherwhise you can't be sure APEX Listener won't discard your changes when restarting (as it may save its current configuration when shutting down)
                          After editing the file, you can restart your APEX Listener using the updated configuration.

-Udo
                          • 10. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                            dtr
                            Thank you for all the information!

1) You to better understand what I'm trying to do: I'm currently evaluation the use of the APEX Listener running on Glassfish as a replacement for our current desployment framework based on the Apache Server in conjunction with the mod_plsql module for a large web application purely based on the htp/htf... framework and without actually using the apex framework on top of it.

2) The reason(s) why I'm currently not using listenerConfigure are as follows:
                            - I'm looking for a deployment solution based on Glassfish that can be fully scripted and do not want to have to configure parts of it manually
                            - As already mentioned not all parameters can be changed in the UI. (Especially apex.misc.defaultPage is critical as i don't want to enter the apex login screen)
                            - I need the ability to change the database connection parameter and this seems not to be supported in listenerAdmin

3) I'm also currently unable to run listenerAdmin
                            I get an error message "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied" and have been unable to find a solution for this until now.
                            Any ideas on what might go wrong here ?

4) If I understood the comments correctly it now seems as if the APEX Listener would have no option to reload its configuration file without having to stop and start the domain itself ?
                            Unfortunately I still seem to be unable to get my test installation running even after restarting the domain itself and I now would need some help on how to debug the APEX Listener.
                            Where can I find (logging) information about what the APEX Listener is doing, the database connections he is making (or trying to) and possible errors all along the way ?
                            • 11. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                              Prabodh
                              Hi,

>
                              1) You to better understand what I'm trying to do: I'm currently evaluation the use of the APEX Listener running on Glassfish as a replacement for our current desployment framework based on the Apache Server in conjunction with the mod_plsql module for a large web application purely based on the htp/htf... framework and without actually using the apex framework on top of it.
                              >
                              Fine. But you still need Apex installed to be able to configure ApexListener.
                              >
                              - I'm looking for a deployment solution based on Glassfish that can be fully scripted and do not want to have to configure parts of it manually
                              >
                              Taking a clause from what Udo has posted. You could create the apex-config.xml file manually and place it into the path pinned in the web.xml file before starting the domain. That should be possible to script.
                              >
                              - As already mentioned not all parameters can be changed in the UI. (Especially apex.misc.defaultPage is critical as i don't want to enter the apex login screen)
                              - I need the ability to change the database connection parameter and this seems not to be supported in listenerAdmin

I get an error message "HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied" and have been unable to find a solution for this until now.
                              >
                              Now this is a new problem reported. If you are on DB 11g , which I suspect, then you need to enable NETWORK_ACL. Look up Apex Post Installation tasks for that. Check out http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23903_01/doc/doc.41/e21673/otn_install.htm#BABBHCID. While at it, make sure your DB user used in the apex-config is unlocked and credentials are valid.
                              >
                              4) If I understood the comments correctly it now seems as if the APEX Listener would have no option to reload its configuration file without having to stop and start the domain itself ?
                              >
                              Yes. You need to stop the domain, deploy the revised apex-config and then start domain. The process can be scripted with asadmin CLI in conjunction with your OS scripting language, CMD or bash.
                              >
                              Unfortunately I still seem to be unable to get my test installation running even after restarting the domain itself and I now would need some help on how to debug the APEX Listener.
                              Where can I find (logging) information about what the APEX Listener is doing, the database connections he is making (or trying to) and possible errors all along the way ?
                              >
                              Look up the domain's logs folder, the server.log file in particular.

Regards,
                              • 12. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                                Udo
                                Hello,
                                There's no problem with that. You can use APEX Listener without APEX.
                                Script-based deployment should be no problem with GlassFish.
                                You can create your desired apex-config.xml once (e.g. by starting APEX Listener in Standalone Mode on your development machine) and use it as a kind of template manipulated by your script (e.g. using sed to replace all values by the ones provided in a response file). You just need to make sure your apex.war has a web.xml in it that has a proper config.dir set, as mentioned by Prabodh above. You could even reference some JVM-Variable in that path and set that variable on your system using your deployment script, so you can use the same apex.war for all deployments, even if the directory layout of your targets differ.
                                You can't change the database connection parameters while the application is running and you can't use listenerAdmin without having the application running. But you can edit the apex-config.xml while the application is stopped.
                                Did you configure the user accounts and roles properly?
                                You don't have to stop the whole domain. Starting/Stopping the APEX Listener deployment is sufficient.
                                APEX Listener logs to you global GlassFish server log if you didn't configure your GlassFish to use a different log for each application in general or APEX Listener explicitly. I recommend to start for the log entries that belong to the application start. You'll find information like the location of the apex-config.xml the deployment uses there.

-Udo
                                • 13. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                                  dtr
                                  There's no problem with that. You can use APEX Listener without APEX.
                                  Excellent. I was surprise by the last answer and happy that this is supported.
                                  Script-based deployment should be no problem with GlassFish.
                                  God to hear that it all should work. This is what I'm currently experimenting with but ...
                                  Did you configure the user accounts and roles properly?
                                  I noticed some threads suggesting a possible configuration problem in the forum and already double checked but it seems to be properly configured:

In the section "Configurations" -> "server-config" -> "Security" -> "Realms" -> "file" : "Edit Realm" : "Manage Users" I've added:

Realm Name: file
                                  User ID: managerlistener
                                  Group List: Manager

User ID: adminlistener
                                  Group List: Admin

Is there anything else I might be able to check or provide for better understanding ?
                                  You don't have to stop the whole domain. Starting/Stopping the APEX Listener deployment is sufficient.
                                  How would this be done ?
                                  APEX Listener logs to you global GlassFish server log if you didn't configure your GlassFish to use a different log for each application in general or APEX Listener explicitly
                                  How would this be done ?
                                  You'll find information like the location of the apex-config.xml the deployment uses there.
                                  This is the content of the server.log file after starting and trying to access listenerAdmin:
                                  ----------start----------
                                  Jun 27, 2012 12:59:34 PM com.sun.enterprise.admin.launcher.GFLauncherLogger info
                                  INFO: JVM invocation command line:
                                  -XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
                                  -XX:PermSize=64m
                                  -XX:MaxPermSize=192m
                                  -XX:NewRatio=2
                                  -Xmx512m
                                  -client
                                  -javaagent:D:/glassfish3/glassfish/lib/monitor/flashlight-agent.jar
                                  -Dosgi.shell.telnet.maxconn=1
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.disableConfigSave=false
                                  -Djdbc.drivers=org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.dir=D:\glassfish3\glassfish/modules/autostart/
                                  -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/config/keystore.jks
                                  -Dosgi.shell.telnet.port=6666
                                  -Djava.security.policy=D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/config/server.policy
                                  -Djava.awt.headless=true
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.log.level=2
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.poll=5000
                                  -Dcom.sun.aas.instanceRoot=D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1
                                  -Dosgi.shell.telnet.ip=127.0.0.1
                                  -Dcom.sun.enterprise.config.config_environment_factory_class=com.sun.enterprise.config.serverbeans.AppserverConfigEnvironmentFactory
                                  -Djava.endorsed.dirs=D:\glassfish3\glassfish/modules/endorsed;D:\glassfish3\glassfish/lib/endorsed
                                  -Dcom.sun.aas.installRoot=D:\glassfish3\glassfish
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.bundles.startTransient=true
                                  -Djava.ext.dirs=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03/lib/ext;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_03/jre/lib/ext;D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/lib/ext
                                  -Dfelix.fileinstall.bundles.new.start=true
                                  -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/config/cacerts.jks
                                  -Dcom.sun.enterprise.security.httpsOutboundKeyAlias=s1as
                                  -Djava.security.auth.login.config=D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/config/login.conf
                                  -DANTLR_USE_DIRECT_CLASS_LOADING=true
                                  -Dgosh.args=--nointeractive
                                  Jun 27, 2012 12:59:34 PM com.sun.enterprise.admin.launcher.GFLauncherLogger info
                                  INFO: Successfully launched in 8 msec.
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.203+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.GFFileHandler|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Running GlassFish Version: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2 (build 23)|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.480+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Grizzly Framework 1.9.46 started in: 42ms - bound to [0.0.0.0:8080]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.480+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=32;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Grizzly Framework 1.9.46 started in: 4ms - bound to [0.0.0.0:7676]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.480+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=29;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Grizzly Framework 1.9.46 started in: 12ms - bound to [0.0.0.0:3700]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.480+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=23;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Grizzly Framework 1.9.46 started in: 26ms - bound to [0.0.0.0:8181]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.480+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=26;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Grizzly Framework 1.9.46 started in: 19ms - bound to [0.0.0.0:4848]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.575+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|The Admin Console is already installed, but not yet loaded.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:36.586+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|org.glassfish.ha.store.spi.BackingStoreFactoryRegistry|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Registered org.glassfish.ha.store.adapter.cache.ShoalBackingStoreProxy for persistence-type = replicated in BackingStoreFactoryRegistry|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.443+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1002: Security Manager is OFF.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.516+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1010: Entering Security Startup Service|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.518+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1143: Loading policy provider com.sun.enterprise.security.provider.PolicyWrapper.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.545+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1115: Realm [admin-realm] of classtype [com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.file.FileRealm] successfully created.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.546+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1115: Realm [file] of classtype [com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.file.FileRealm] successfully created.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.558+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1115: Realm [certificate] of classtype [com.sun.enterprise.security.auth.realm.certificate.CertificateRealm] successfully created.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.564+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.security.com.sun.enterprise.security|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|SEC1011: Security Service(s) Started Successfully|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.705+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0169: Created HTTP listener [http-listener-1] on host/port [0.0.0.0:8080]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.711+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0169: Created HTTP listener [http-listener-2] on host/port [0.0.0.0:8181]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.714+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0169: Created HTTP listener [admin-listener] on host/port [0.0.0.0:4848]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.734+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0171: Created virtual server [server]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:37.736+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0171: Created virtual server [__asadmin]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:38.507+0200|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.2|org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Digester.getParser:
                                  javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: The XDK supports only namespace-aware parsers.
                                       at oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory.newSAXParser(JXSAXParserFactory.java:118)
                                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:730)
                                       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.createContextDigester(ContextConfig.java:647)
                                       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.<clinit>(ContextConfig.java:187)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.EmbeddedWebContainer.createContext(EmbeddedWebContainer.java:217)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1832)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadStandaloneWebModule(WebContainer.java:1573)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadSystemDefaultWebModules(WebContainer.java:1445)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.postConstruct(WebContainer.java:582)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractCreatorImpl.inject(AbstractCreatorImpl.java:131)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorCreator.initialize(ConstructorCreator.java:91)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractCreatorImpl.get(AbstractCreatorImpl.java:82)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.SingletonInhabitant.get(SingletonInhabitant.java:67)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.EventPublishingInhabitant.get(EventPublishingInhabitant.java:139)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantImpl.java:78)
                                       at org.glassfish.internal.data.EngineInfo.getContainer(EngineInfo.java:93)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.startContainers(ApplicationLifecycle.java:956)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.setupContainerInfos(ApplicationLifecycle.java:666)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:368)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService.processApplication(ApplicationLoaderService.java:375)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService.postConstruct(ApplicationLoaderService.java:219)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractCreatorImpl.inject(AbstractCreatorImpl.java:131)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorCreator.initialize(ConstructorCreator.java:91)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.EventPublishingInhabitant.get(EventPublishingInhabitant.java:139)
                                       at com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantImpl.java:78)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.java:253)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.doStart(AppServerStartup.java:145)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.start(AppServerStartup.java:136)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishImpl.start(GlassFishImpl.java:79)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishDecorator.start(GlassFishDecorator.java:63)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.osgi.OSGiGlassFishImpl.start(OSGiGlassFishImpl.java:69)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishMain$Launcher.launch(GlassFishMain.java:117)
                                       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                                       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                                       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishMain.main(GlassFishMain.java:97)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASMain.main(ASMain.java:55)
                                  |#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:38.511+0200|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.2|org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Digester.getParser:
                                  javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: The XDK supports only namespace-aware parsers.
                                       at oracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory.newSAXParser(JXSAXParserFactory.java:118)
                                       at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.getParser(Digester.java:730)
                                       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.createWebXmlDigester(ContextConfig.java:630)
                                       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.createWebDigester(ContextConfig.java:616)
                                       at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.<clinit>(ContextConfig.java:198)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.EmbeddedWebContainer.createContext(EmbeddedWebContainer.java:217)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadWebModule(WebContainer.java:1832)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadStandaloneWebModule(WebContainer.java:1573)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.loadSystemDefaultWebModules(WebContainer.java:1445)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.web.WebContainer.postConstruct(WebContainer.java:582)
                                       at org.glassfish.internal.data.EngineInfo.getContainer(EngineInfo.java:93)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.startContainers(ApplicationLifecycle.java:956)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.setupContainerInfos(ApplicationLifecycle.java:666)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLifecycle.deploy(ApplicationLifecycle.java:368)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService.processApplication(ApplicationLoaderService.java:375)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService.postConstruct(ApplicationLoaderService.java:219)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.java:253)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.doStart(AppServerStartup.java:145)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.start(AppServerStartup.java:136)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishImpl.start(GlassFishImpl.java:79)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishDecorator.start(GlassFishDecorator.java:63)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.osgi.OSGiGlassFishImpl.start(OSGiGlassFishImpl.java:69)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishMain$Launcher.launch(GlassFishMain.java:117)
                                       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
                                       at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                                       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.GlassFishMain.main(GlassFishMain.java:97)
                                       at com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASMain.main(ASMain.java:55)
                                  |#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:38.533+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0172: Virtual server [server] loaded default web module []|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.492+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Using config file: D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\apex\config\apex\apex-config.xml|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.535+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|-- listing properties --|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.536+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|PropertyCheckInterval=60|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.536+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|ValidateConnection=true|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.536+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|MinLimit=1|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.536+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|MaxLimit=10|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.538+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|InitialLimit=3|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.538+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|AbandonedConnectionTimeout=900|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.538+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|MaxStatementsLimit=10|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.538+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|InactivityTimeout=1800|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.625+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|MaxConnectionReuseCount=1000|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.625+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|APEX Listener version : 1.1.3.243.11.40|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.625+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|APEX Listener server info: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.689+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0671: Loading application [apex] at [apex]|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.690+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|CORE10010: Loading application apex done in 4,066 ms|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.691+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2 (23) startup time : Felix (1,020ms), startup services(4,648ms), total(5,668ms)|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.910+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.jmx.org.glassfish.admin.mbeanserver|_ThreadID=49;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|JMX005: JMXStartupService had Started JMXConnector on JMXService URL service:jmx:rmi://QLT400:8686/jndi/rmi://QLT400:8686/jmxrmi|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.929+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.tools.admin.com.sun.enterprise.container.common|_ThreadID=52;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|User [] from host QLT400 does not have administration access|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.965+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|The Admin Console is already installed, but not yet loaded.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.966+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|The Admin Console is starting. Please wait.|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:41.918+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.config|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Initializing Mojarra 2.1.6 (SNAPSHOT 20111206) for context ''|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:42.671+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|org.hibernate.validator.util.Version|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Hibernate Validator 4.2.0.Final|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:43.188+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|WEB0671: Loading application [__admingui] at []|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:43.189+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|CORE10010: Loading application __admingui done in 2,223 ms|#]
                                  [#|2012-06-27T12:59:43.189+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter|_ThreadID=60;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|The Admin Console application is loaded.|#]
                                  ----------end----------
                                  • 14. Re: APEX Listener on GlassFish
                                    Udo
                                    noticed some threads suggesting a possible configuration problem in the forum and already double checked but it seems to be properly configured:

In the section "Configurations" -> "server-config" -> "Security" -> "Realms" -> "file" : "Edit Realm" : "Manage Users" I've added:

User ID: managerlistener
                                    Group List: Manager

User ID: adminlistener
                                    Group List: Admin

Is there anything else I might be able to check or provide for better understanding ?
                                    No, if your domain is using the server-config as active configuration, this should work. Note that only adminlistener will be able to open listenerAdmin , i.e. you'll get a 403 if you try to access it with managerlistener .
                                    There have been a few reports that certain system environments have non-fitting java policies effective in GlassFish. There is one post that suggests a workaround for GlassFish 3.1.2: {message:id=10373153}
                                    Perhaps you'll also find some clues in D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1/config/login.conf (which your server uses according to -Djava.security.auth.login.config from your startup log)
                                    How would this be done ?
                                    Now, this is more a general GlassFish question and would fit better to a GlassFish forum, but the answer would probably be "RTFM", so:
                                    - application specific logging: see the corresponding sections in GlassFish Admin Guide ( [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24928/webapps.htm#gixud]Changing Log Output for a Serlet and [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24928/webapps.htm#gixud]Administering the Logging Service), and of course also corresponding parts of the [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24929/dd-elements.htm#beauj]Application Deployment Guide
                                    - application deployment/undeployment: see the corresponding sections in Application Deployment Guide, e.g. [url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26576_01/doc.312/e24929/asadmin-deployment-subcommands.htm]The asadmin Deployment Subcommands
                                    It seems the workflow for GlassFish would be "undeploy", change the config, "deploy".
                                    This is the content of the server.log file after starting and trying to access listenerAdmin:
                                    [...]
                                    [#|2012-06-27T12:59:38.507+0200|SEVERE|glassfish3.1.2|org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Digester.getParser:
                                    Did you ever care about that one??? Seems you have a conflicting library on your system... The conflict probably is caused by xmlparserv2-11.2.0.jar that ships with APEX Listener. Try to remove it from your war file and deploy it again.
                                    [#|2012-06-27T12:59:40.492+0200|INFO|glassfish3.1.2|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.server.logging|_ThreadID=1;_ThreadName=Thread-2;|Using config file: D:\glassfish3\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\apex\config\apex\apex-config.xml|#]
                                    This is the line containing the information about your config file. It seems to be the default location, i.e. you haven't setup config.dir properly or chose the one location option for that parameter that is not working in the current APEX Listener release (known bug).

I don't see any other error, especially non concerning your listenerAdmin call, so fixing the issues named above will probably be all you have to do. (more than obvious, though)

-Udo
                                    1 2 Previous Next