4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2012 7:49 AM by Mahendra

Defective Component Return to Vendor

Rupak Singh
      Hi All,

I need your functional expertise here.

This is one scenario where buyer want to buy one Machine Item from vender So buyer raise one standard PO with machine item(XX100) in po line .but at the time of inspection if he found that one component item(XX100-10) is defective item or damage item of the same machine item(XX100) and want to return only defective component item instead of whole machine. then how this scenario will cover in purchase order module.

Please give me your inputs.

Thanks,

Rupak
        • 1. Re: Defective Component Return to Vendor
          Mahendra
          user9120604 wrote:
          Hi All,

I need your functional expertise here.

This is one scenario where buyer want to buy one Machine Item from vender So buyer raise one standard PO with machine item(XX100) in po line .but at the time of inspection if he found that one component item(XX100-10) is defective item or damage item of the same machine item(XX100) and want to return only defective component item instead of whole machine. then how this scenario will cover in purchase order module.

Please give me your inputs.

Thanks,

Rupak
          If you have defined the machine as single item i.e XX100...you have to do RTV against it..there is no way that oracle will know..some of the part is defective
          so better send the whole item back

HTH
          Mahendra
          • 2. Re: Defective Component Return to Vendor
            Rupak Singh
            Hi Thanks for your response.
            I know that there is no way that oracle will know the component item for Machine PO item and do the RTV for Component Item. But this is my business requirement and Business don't want to return whole machine due to defective small component item but not every situation (if 1-2 component is defective) .
            The logic is they don't want to waste the transportation and other overhead cost of machine.
            For Example If I will buy one Laptop and mouse is the component item for Laptop.
            In inspection time if I will found that mouse is defective then i want to replace only mouse not the whole Laptop.

Thanks,
            Rupak
            • 3. Re: Defective Component Return to Vendor
              PranitSaha
              Rupak,

The approach can be followed as below.

1. Create the PO with multiple lines addressing key components while main device entered in line 1 with actual price and all the key components in line 2 onwards with zero price. e.g. Line 1 - Laptop - $1000, Line 2 - Mouse - $0, Line 3 - Keyboard - $0 etc.
              2. Make sure to update invoice close tolerance to 100% for the zero price lines.

This way you can receive and return the defective components of a machine.

Thanks,

PS.
              • 4. Re: Defective Component Return to Vendor
                Mahendra
                Make sure you define the components as items first ;)

Mahendra