5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 8:35 AM by 630565

Approved Std PO from Autocreate

mamit
      Hi,
      I'm creating a Requisition and then use Auto Create Document to create Std PO.
      My question is, Is it possible to have Std PO APPROVED without any customization?

PS. The item used is consigned, so the STD PO will be a Consignment PO. So want to create a Approved PO so that it doesn't have to go through Approval process.

Appreciate your help.
      Manu
        • 1. Re: Approved Std PO from Autocreate
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          Yes.
          You need to have sourcing rules and ASL setups done correctly.
          Make sure that the "release method" on ASL attributes is set correctly.
          You also need to have appropriate authority in PO hierarchy.

See following notes on metalink. They are very helpful.
          How To Diagnose Issues With Approved Supplier List And Sourcing Rules In Purchasing [ID 557825.1
          Auto Sourcing And Auto Create/Release Checklist [ID 417966.1]
          420354.1. How to Diagnose Issues With Approved Supplier List And Sourcing Rules In Purchasing

Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: Approved Std PO from Autocreate
            mamit
            Sandeep,
            Thanks for the response.
            The standard PO in my case is a CONSIGNED Standard PO. For the Consigned PO setup the ASL is already setup and the source document is a Blanket PO (Which will create a release after running Consumption Advice).

Our requirement is to create a Approved Standard CONSIGNED PO from Approved requisition. (po_line_locations.consigned_flag = Y)
            I'm able to create Standard consigned PO from approved Req using AutoCreate Document and then Approve the Consigned PO. We want to somehow create a Approved PO keeping the integrity of Consigned Standard PO.

I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks
            Manu
            • 3. Re: Approved Std PO from Autocreate
              Hi Manu.

Unfortunately in Oracle Purchasing, there is no standard way of acheiving what you intend to.

Even though Oracle Purchasing gives you the option of importing POs from legacy systems via Import Purchase Orders concurrent program, which gives you the flexibility to import these POs as APPROVED, it does not give you such functionality via AutoCreate.

There is no other option than using an alternate way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
              JD
              • 4. Re: Approved Std PO from Autocreate
                Mahendra
                Try creating a Global blanket purchase agreement..instead of GPA
                See whether it creates a Standard PO...

HTH
                Mahendra
                • 5. Re: Approved Std PO from Autocreate
                  Did you try using the planning(Min-max) to create Req, which will automatically create consigned PO(ie the replenishment advice)...

Regards,
                  Praveen