1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 6:52 PM by Frank.Hampshire-Oracle RSS

OPA Adapter for PeopleSoft

Hi All,

I have created an OPA adapter for PeopleSoft which is purely written in PeopleSoft since its consuming ODS web services. I am also using Oracle XSL Mapper to transform messages.

Now, I'm thinking of integrating OWD to PeopleSoft. Does anyone have any experience in doing this integration? Can you share some thoughts?

Regards,
      Jerome
        • 1. Re: OPA Adapter for PeopleSoft
          Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
          Jerome wrote:
          Hi All,

I have created an OPA adapter for PeopleSoft which is purely written in PeopleSoft since its consuming ODS web services. I am also using Oracle XSL Mapper to transform messages.

Now, I'm thinking of integrating OWD to PeopleSoft. Does anyone have any experience in doing this integration? Can you share some thoughts?

Regards,
          Jerome
          Jerome,

You will find integrating with Web Determinations (OWD) has a different set of requirements than integrating with Determinations Server (ODS).

When Integrating with ODS, PeopleSoft can act as a client, calling ODS and processing the response. When integrating with OWD, you need to think about how data will get sent to OWD (pre-seeding a session) and also sent from OWD back to PeopleSoft when a save call is made (session save).

The point of integration for this sort of thing for OWD is the DataAdaptor (see Data Adaptor Plugin Overview in the Oracle Policy Automation Developer's Guide http://docs.oracle.com/html/E29403_01/toc.htm). You need be write an implementation that can load and save cases to PeopleSoft.

The DataAdaptor implementation will need to have a service in PeopleSoft to call to load and save information to. I would suggest that you create a Web Service in PeopleSoft. The DataAdapter can then act as a client to that service to send information.

This is the basic approach of Web Determinations integration with products like CRM On Demand and Siebel CRM.

Cheers
          Frank