This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 5, 2012 12:37 PM by Joe Weinstein RSS

Duplicate persistence error -- deploying GlassFish application in Weblogic

946734 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am using NetBeans to deploy a web application which has RESTful web services. I am using Weblogic 12c and MySQL database. The NBproject MyAppServer includes another NB project MyAppLibrary. Both MyAppServer and MyAppLibrary have their own perisitence.xml files. Both projects are referencing the same database. The application was previously deployed in GlassFish and worked perfectly. However, migrating to Weblogic gives me the following error:

"Deployment failed. The message was: weblogic.application.naming.EnvironmentException: duplicate persistence units with name MyAppLibraryPU in scope web. First PU location: file:/C:/cygwin/home/test/myfolder/apps/MyApp/MyAppServer/build/web/WEB-INF/classes/. Second PU location: file:/C:/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AdminServer/tmp/_WL_user/MyAppServer/ub3nr6/war/WEB-INF/lib/MyAppLibrary.jar"

I changed the name of the persistence unit in persistence.xml of MyAppServer, which resulted in no error being logged, but the server-side of the application doesn't run correctly now i.e. apparently no data was retrieved from the database.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points