Hi Good Evening,r when iam dispalying the results it is comming, can any body tell about this error.
State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 16001] ODBC error state: S1000 code: 12514 message: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor. (HY000)
SQL Issued: SELECT "Sales Facts"."Amount sold" saw_0 FROM SH
Looks like you more than 1 oracle instances... Do these steps
- Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.
- Check which services are currently known by the listener by executing: lsnrctl services <listener name>
- Check that the SERVICE_NAME parameter in the connect descriptor of the net service name used specifies a service known by the listener.
- If an easy connect naming connect identifier was used, check that the service name specified is a service known by the listener.
- Check for an event in the listener.log file.
From the OBIEE server, try to issue a tnsping and lsnrctl command on DOS prompt for the instance you are accessing. Confirm you are using the right Oracle home, listener is up and you can tnsping the instance.