4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2012 8:02 AM by Pascal B RSS

Changes in JavaFiles dismissed by deployment

Pascal B
      Hello Community. I just ran into a really confusing problem. For some reason none of my changes to any of my javabeans are being noted. This means, no matter how much I change in my javaBeans, the deployed application still runs with the files from about 2 hours ago. So if I had a button bound to a certain method and i deleted the entire body of this method and replaced it with a simple "System.out.print("Hello World");" it still performed the actions and tasks that were in this method before the changes.

Here is what I tried:
      restart jdev
      restart and reset the iOS simulated device
      remove and open the application inside of jdev
      deleted the javaBean files from my harddrive (or moved them to a random location) and deployed (still worked)

I am sort of baffled by this, does jdev have some sort of cache where it saves my java files? Is there a way to flush this cache, so I can continue working?
      Kind regards,
      Pascal
        • 1. Re: Changes in JavaFiles dismissed by deployment
          Denis T
          Make sure you delete the application from your device/simulator. Have you by chance changed the application bundle id? That would certainly give you this error.

Start by removing the app from the simulator then do a clean-all of your project and redeploy. If the condition persists there is definitely some other issue occurring. If you can, try it on another machine.
          • 2. Re: Changes in JavaFiles dismissed by deployment
            Pascal B
            Alright, I removed the app from the iOS device, but that didnt help. Then I removed the application from jdeveloper, moved the application sources to a different directory and renamed it, then reimported, now everything works again. Thanks!
            Pascal
            • 3. Re: Changes in JavaFiles dismissed by deployment
              Pascal B
              I just installed jdev on a second machine to access a test web-service and now I get the same problem as before, however my previous solution doesn't work anymore. I just copied all the project files over there and now I get the same problem (jdev deploys old versions of my java files with methods lacking that i implemented recently). There must be some sort of cache where it gets those from otherwise I cant explain why it deploys old versions of my files.
              • 4. Re: Changes in JavaFiles dismissed by deployment
                Pascal B
                Again, problem has been solved. This time by doing the following:

Found the java file in question via finder.
                opened it with textedit, copied all the code,
                deleted it, created a new file, pasted the code from before
                saved this file and renamed it to match the previous name

I have two suspicions: either it has something to do with the versioned file format mac is using [(see Here)|http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_use_versioning_control_mac_os_x_lion]
                or with some other form of saving and caching mechanism in jdeveloper, however I don't know of any.

By the way, I deleted my entire system11.1.1.3.37.X.X folder, so all my settings were reset, yet the problem still persisted. Maybe this helps any of those who intend to try to resolve this issue.

Regards,
                Pascal