This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
Could you tell us in which release?
Hi Ivy. They are on 18.104.22.168.
Please make sure update "Workflow Cache Group" in Cache Management after modified the workflow's tags. Then open a existing spec in a new IE window(new session). Please check it again.
I believe this request was entered by one of my counterparts and here's some additional detail to elaborate on the question as I don't believe it's simply an issue of Caching the Workflow Cache Group (although, if it is that simple, that would be great) -
We have a request to restrict the visibility of GSM trade and packaging specifications from certain groups of people until the specs are in 'Approved' status. We understand how to apply these restrictions using workflow visibility tags and worfklow based user groups and the read/write permissions on the specification WFAs for all specs that we create moving forward.
What we are unable to figure out is how to apply the restrictions retroactively in an efficient manner as there are several hundreds of specs we need to apply the restrictions to. Do you have a recommendation as to how we might be able to accomplish this efficiently?
Hi, was this tested after Ivy's reccomendation?
I do the request by below steps. And it works.
1. Create Trade Spec TrdSpecA using testA workflow and workflow to approved status.
2. Create a wfa tag named VisibilityA
3. Create userA and userB
4. Create user group named groupA with with VisibilityA tag, then add userA
5. Create user group named groupB with without VisibilityA tag, then add userB
7. Refresh User cache
8. check userA and userB can read TrdSpecA
9. Goto WFA, edit workflow testA, add VisibilityA in approved status, and modify original read permission remove approved status from criteria, then add a new read permission set user group to groupA and criteria to approved status, save the workflow and refresh Workflow Cache.
10. Open two new IE window with new session, login with userA and UserB
Result: userA can search and read TrdSpecA, userB cannot search and read TrdSpecA.
If the method doesn't work on your environment. The hide spec tag also meets the requirment.
1. Edit the workflow and add the hide spec tag in approved statue,then refresh workflow cache.
2. Use EP2.5's Hide Spec Update (GSM) (please see Agile_Product_Lifecycle_Management_for_Process_Data_Administration_Toolkit_Guide.pdf) to generate scripts.
3. Backup your current DB, then run the scripts.
4. Create a user group with role [HIDDEN_SPEC_VIEWER], add users can see the spec in approved status.
5. refresh user cache
6. If the users with [HIDDEN_SPEC_VIEWER] and set "show hidden spec" is true (in user profile and preference page), they can search and read the spec.
The two ways worked normally in my local server. Please try it on your environment. Please let me know if you have any questions.