This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 12:29 AM by 10manish11 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Baseline_update Error
    967507 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Could you describe in details solution of this issue?

Edited by: Andrew Karzhou on Oct 15, 2012 5:56 PM
  • 16. Re: Baseline_update Error
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    After installing Notepad++, open input data file in editor, from menu Encoding --> Convert to UTF-8. And then re-run the baseline update.

I was creating test data for internationalization POC with data in french language from Wikipedia. After i tried running baseline update by keeping UTF-8 as encoding for Record Adapter, got similar error. Then i tried converting it to UTF-8 using Notepad++ and it worked.

Hope this work for you.
  • 17. Re: Baseline_update Error
    967507 Newbie
    Which file I should open by Notepad++? Forge.log and Dgidx.log?
  • 18. Re: Baseline_update Error
    sabdelhalim Newbie
    Hi,
    no that would be the text file you have in your C:\dev\test_data\baseline\ directory that Forge is trying to process and cannot

is it your TEST_DATA_EXTRACT_BASELINE.TXT' ?

regards

Saleh
  • 19. Re: Baseline_update Error
    967507 Newbie
    I don't understand what file I should open by Notepad++?

I try to describe all steps my integration ATG and Endeca

First I create special user for endeca
    And installing that soft.
    1)MDEX 6.2.2
    2)PlatformServices 6.1.3
    3)ToolsAndFrameworks 3.1.0
    4)CAS 3.0.2

Then I installing ATG and configuring CRS by CIM.
    1) Next I go to ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.0\reference\discover-data-pci\ and modify configuration of install-config-example.xml and rename install-config-example2.xml.
    2) Run command "deploy.bat --no-prompt --install-config C:\Endeca\ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.0\reference\discover-data-pci\install-config-example2.xml"
    3) Delete all files and folders from ATGen\config\ifcr\content\, where ATGen my endeca application
    4) Modify ATGen\control\initialize_services.bat (comment line 83-89.It's about import sample content)
    5) Run initialize_services.bat
    6) Go to /atg/endeca/index/commerce/ProductCatalogSimpleIndexingAdmin/ and run baseline index
    7) I got exeception.Run again baseline_update.bat and got

[10.17.12 14:35:14] SEVERE: Batch component 'Dgidx' failed. Refer to component logs in D:\ATG\Endeca\Apps\ATGen\config\script\..\..\.\logs\dgidxs\Dgidx on host ITLHost.
    Occurred while executing line 26 of valid BeanShell script:
    [[

23| Forge.archiveLogDir();
    24| Forge.run();
    25| Dgidx.archiveLogDir();
    26| Dgidx.run();
    27|
    28| // distributed index, update Dgraphs
    29| DistributeIndexAndApply.run();

]]

[10.17.12 14:35:14] SEVERE: Caught an exception while invoking method 'run' on object 'BaselineUpdate'. Releasing locks.

Caused by java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl invoke0 - null
    Caused by com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.AppControlException
    com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.script.Script runBeanShellScript - Error executing valid BeanShell script.
    Caused by com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.exception.EacComponentControlException
    com.endeca.soleng.eac.toolkit.component.BatchComponent run - Batch component 'Dgidx' failed. Refer to component logs in D:\ATG\Endeca\Apps\ATGen\config\script\..\..\.\logs\dgidxs\
    Dgidx on host ITLHost.

[10.17.12 14:35:14] INFO: Released lock 'update_lock'.

What I should open by Notepad++?Could somebody help me?Maybe I do something wrong?

Edited by: Andrew Karzhou on Oct 17, 2012 2:04 PM
  • 20. Re: Baseline_update Error
    953835 Newbie
    1] Looks like you have more than one issue. Try and keep each issue to its own thread. Else it just gets over complicated.
    2] The Notepad++ resolution is for the UTF-8 error. If you don't have the UTF-8 error any more than we don't need to be talking about Notepad++
    3] Your last post refered to log files which you could review. Did you do that?
  • 21. Re: Baseline_update Error
    sabdelhalim Newbie
    Hi,
    in your application folder you must have a folder with \testdata\baseline\ and the text file containing the data you are trying to index ...it must be this one whose format you should change using notepad++
    I guess
    regards
    Saleh
  • 22. Re: Baseline_update Error
    967507 Newbie
    Ok.I created new iisue ATG Endeca CRS Integration baseline_update.bat issue I don't have txt files.I have only 4 xml files.Can somebody help me?

Edited by: Andrew Karzhou on Oct 17, 2012 4:31 PM

Edited by: Andrew Karzhou on Oct 17, 2012 4:31 PM
  • 23. Re: Baseline_update Error
    Ravi Honakamble| Newbie
    You can look into logs\forges\ConfigurationGeneratorForge\ConfigurationGeneratorForge.log , logs\forges\ConfigurationGeneratorForge\ConfigurationGeneratorForge.start.log etc..

Regards,
    Ravi
  • 24. Re: Baseline_update Error
    10manish11 Newbie

Hope you got ur solution till now..

i was having similar issue but i have made some changes in AppConfig.xml. Install PsPad editor and compare your AppConfig.xml with working AppConfig.xml. You have to comment some update line and have to add a pair of lines in this xml.

This worked for me and even in couple of more cases.

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points