1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2012 4:33 AM by user2043635 RSS

Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)

Hi, I'm in need to download the older version of Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5).

Could someone please tell me how to do it? I have tried to talk through the Live Chat and through Oracle Support Phone but I cant get an answer from them.
      Why has this suddenly been done this hard :(?

I should have saved the installer...

Edited by: 944191 on 3.7.2012 6:03
        • 1. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
          kuljeet singh -
          you need to raise SR to oracle to download 10g software.
          • 2. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
            If someone replies that "Ask Oracle for it", Could you at the same time instruct me ask from where, because the chat support and phone support did not work. I dont have access to create a My Oracle Support -case (I dont have The Customer Support Identifier (or CSI)). There must be a more simple way?

Edited by: 944191 on 3.7.2012 6:11
            • 3. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
              NikolayIvankin
              944191 wrote:
              If someone replies that "Ask Oracle for it", Could you at the same time instruct me ask from where, because the chat support and phone support did not work. I dont have access to create a My Oracle Support -case (I dont have The Customer Support Identifier (or CSI)). There must be a more simple way?
              No, 10.2.0.5 is avaiable only at MOS
              • 4. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                Ok..

So how do I get it?
                What do I need to exactly DO, to download it from the MOS??
                • 5. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                  Osama_Mustafa
                  You have to open SR with oracle to download it

Br
                  osama
                  • 6. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                    rp0428
                    >
                    So how do I get it?
                    What do I need to exactly DO, to download it from the MOS??
                    >
                    You need to have a MOS account (Oracle support). Old versions are not available for public download anymore.
                    • 7. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                      Srini Chavali-Oracle
                      MOS access requires a Customer Support Identifier (CSI), which is given when you purchase a support contract from Oracle. So, essentially, you need to license a product from Oracle and purchase maintenance/support on that product

Purchasing My Oracle Support Access for Individual

HTH
                      Srini
                      • 8. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                        fjfranken
                        944191 wrote:
                        Can we conclude here that you're running an illegal copy of the software?
                        If it is licensed, then you must have a CSI number, or someone in your company has.
                        Then you have access to MOS, then you can download the patch.

Otherwise contact an Oracle Sales Representative

FJFranken
                        • 9. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                          Osama_Mustafa
                          hi

10.2.0.5 dose not come as installation media ,

You have to install 10.2.0.1 first and to do this you have to open SR with oracle to send you download link or media

after install it , download upgrade patch and apply it

BR
                          Osama
                          • 10. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                            My god, dont get me started here. Illigal copy, are you serious?

Oracle support, is one of the worst I have had to work with so far, and I have have been dealing with MANY.

If you are dropped out of the blue to a case to install an older version of Oracle Database, I never dreamed it to be this difficult. Its like job interview.
                            And whats with the shipping of CD/DVD's? We are living in 2012, electronic downloads anyone?
                            • 11. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                              For anyone looking to do this in the future, here is what needs to be done:

1. You cannot get the media in an easy way, so dont even bother (phones/chats/email support useless).
                              2. During your purchase of Oracle Database 11g (or similar) and support, you were given a CSI number.
                              3. Create an account at "My Oracle Support"
                              4. Login to that account, and authorize your CSI number and fill in your remaining details
                              5. Where ever that leads you, return to the main page of the "My Oracle Support"
                              6. See the "Pending Oracle Approval" In your CSI number? (which cannot be inserted wrong anyway?)
                              7. Now grab the phone, and call your local support to SPEED THE APPROVAL
                              8. You cannot Create a Service Request WITHOUT: My Oracle Account, Valid CSI, Oracle Approved Account
                              9. After the approval has been given, create a Service Request under "Contect Us" to be shipped the media to your office (lol..)

Wait.
                              God only knows when the media arrives eventually.

Edited by: 944191 on 4.7.2012 6:20
                              • 12. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                                Hi 944191, did you get the CD already???
                                • 13. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                                  jgarry
                                  11. Look for documents on MOS about "how to deal with support."
                                  12. Look for documents on MOS about database version roadmaps.
                                  13. Reopen SR when they send the wrong disk.

Oracle support can be really good, it can be awful, it depends on how good you are at working with them. They give access to much of the same information they use to everyone. It really behooves you to understand you are working with old software that they've been saying for years will go away. What would you think of a job where they asked to see your fifth grade report card?
                                  • 14. Re: Download Oracle Database 10g (10.2.0.5)
                                    user2043635
                                    well - actually I do have a CSI number but when I submitted a SR asking to get access to the media for 10.2.0.5 for linux x86-64 I had the following reply :

Oracle Database 10.2 has now transitioned from Premier Support to Sustaining Support. Our records indicate the CSI used for this SR does not have Extended Support. Therefore, you are only eligible for Sustaining Support. Sustaining Support includes assistance with service requests, on a commercially reasonable basis, 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, right to upgrade to new releases of the product, as well as access to pre-existing fixes, patches, CPUs, and security alerts that were available at the end of the Premier Support period. It does not include new program updates, fixes, security alerts and critical updates. The support policy details can be accessed at http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/057419.pdf.

so it's not a question of having a CSI number - you need the right type of CSI number
                                    Premier - Sustaining - Extended - I mean it could get confusing couldn't it...
                                    1 2 Previous Next