Desktop is Win7 Professional, 64bit
Oracle client - runtime or admin .. not sure which as I didn't install
Excel 2007 (12.0.6661.5000) SP 3 MSO 12.0.6607.1000
SQLPlus connects to database
ODBC DSN is defined and tests ok.
When user - in excel - tries to access a connection that points to this ODBC DSN, he gets
"Specified driver could not be loaded to to systsem error 193: (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1, c:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\BIN\SQORA32.DLL)."
From what I've been able to determine so far, this appears that it's going to be some sort of 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. I found one link that looked very promising - saying that the ODBC admin from Control Panel was 64-bit, and to do a DSN for a 32-bit app one needed to go to the odbcad32.exe in the \WindowsSysWoW64 directory. It showed exactly what the one from Control panel showed. Wouldn't let me configure the DSN (giving the same error reported by Excel) , but let me delete and recreate it. It still tested out, but back at Excel, running the query on the data connection returned the same error.