This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 10:23 AM by rosen RSS

Agent Configuation Problem (can't find proxy controller network interface)

910706 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Ops Center Gurus, I recently installed 12c to test in parallel with our 11gR3 installation.

Installation and proxy configuration was clean. I unmanaged a system in the 11g setup, and did /var/scn/install/uninstall -a to remove the 11g proxy software as well as removing the /var/opt/sun/xvm directory structure to avoid persistence issues.

This system is on the same subnet as the EC. The first 3 octets of the IPs are the same as well as the subnet mask.

I wotk through the BUI to find this asset, and it discovers and verifies 4 service tags. When I tell it to manage the asset, I can see it copy the agent bundle and install it. However when it tries to configure, I get the message:

AgentProvConfigure - Unable to find a proxy controller network interface that can be reached from agent IP Address /###.###.###.124 (80273) (IP hidden for security)

If I run agentadm configure -x <IP of EC>... it configures properly and shows up as a managed asset.

Do I need to configure anything in the Networks section of the navigation pane?

I know I haven't provided a lot of information, but I was wondering if anyone has seen/overcome this problem before.

Thanks,

Tim

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points