This discussion is archived
0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2012 10:18 PM by 944494 RSS

Lots of problems handling repositories

944494 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
How am I supposed to administer to a repository?

I'm trying to fix my SAN backend to OVM, and I need to take it offline. This is OVM 3.1.1 build 365

I unpresented both my administration OVM nodes from it, and tried to delete the repository. What ends up happening is that I lose all control of the repository, so it sits there in OVMM and I can't delete it. Why is OVM letting me do this?

So instead I keep both administration OVM nodes on the repository and delete the repository. To do this I am forced to delete the contents of the respository. I don't want to delete the contents of the repository! I just want to unhook the repository backend without panicking everything. Why can't I do this? If I'm not allowed to do this, is there an easy to way back up the repository somehow? Could I add another repository and migrate data to it?
If I try to simply yank the SAN out from under the repository I panic the entire system, as you would expect.

Anyway, I play along and delete the contents of the repository, and then the repository itself. Then I delete the underlying Physical disk on the SAN and do maintenance on it. Then I create a new physical disk on the SAN for the new repository. I try and add this repository via iSCSI, and OVM times out (like pre build 365 OVM 3.1.1!).

Eventually I have to pull down EVERYTHING (including the OVM server pool) and rebuild it all from scratch for me to use my new repository. Seems crazy if you ask me.

Edited by: naynay on Jul 4, 2012 10:18 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points