This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 4:01 AM by 948740 RSS

11gr2_02 installation

914882 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hello expert,
i m installed 11.2.0.3.0 database and also 11.2.0.3.0 grid infrastructure in my m/c on linux 5.4. I am going to do asm. i m also installing 11.2.0.2.0 in same pc.
i have got error of crsctl. i have mv crsctl to crsctl.orig which is located in grid_home/bin folder.
then create a crsctl file on ORACLE_GRIDHOME/BIN/
adding this lines from google
EXEC=/11g/app/oracle/grid/bin/crsctl.orig
case $1 in
query(
echo "Oracle High Availability Services release version on the local node is [11.2.0.2.0]"
;;
*)
$EXEC $*
;;
esac

now i am trying to install 11.2.0.2.0 software. now i am not getting error, but when installing it goes to hang mode. its not generating ORACLE_HOME directory . As well as no installation log file creating.
some informantion i want to give u that
no error of oraInventory ,
no permission error for directory creation, oraInventory.
this is the file location which i have change
/11g/app/oracle/grid/bin]$
-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 183 Jul 5 19:51 crsctl
-rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 37409857 Sep 4 2011 crsctl.bin
-rwxr-x--- 1 oracle dba 8136 Jul 5 16:44 crsctl.orig
so kindly please help me.
thanks to all......
  • 1. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    onedbguru Pro
    You can only have ONE Grid Infrastructure installation and it must be the highest version (crs, asm, etc). You are using (11.2.0.3 in this case). You can have multiple RDBMS versions installed. If you are using ASM, 10g RDBMS will work under 11.2.0.3 ASM.

Make sure that your oraInventory directory has permissions such that both grid and oracle users can read/write to this directory. See /etc/oraInst.loc for the location where oracle expects to find the "global" inventory.

If GI is functioning and ASM is up and running, then just install your RDBMS versions in their own ORACLE_HOME(s).
  • 2. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    914882 Newbie
    yes i have full permission to global Inventory of both grid and rdbms,
    my grid is 11.2.0.3.0 and rdbms also 11.2.0.3.0. both r running success. now i am going to install 11.2.0.2.0 rdbms. i got this error..
    An internal error occurred within cluster verification framework.
    ERRORMSG (HOST NAME):PRVF-5300 : FAILED TO RETRIEVE ACTIVE VERSION FOR CRS ON THIS NODE.
    can u please suggest any solution.

thanks.
  • 3. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    Sebastian Solbach (DBA Community) Guru
    Hi,

invoke the installer with -ignorePrereq

Regards

Sebastian
  • 4. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    914882 Newbie
    i have already do that...
    any another suggesstion

thanks...
  • 5. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    kumap7 Newbie
    Hi,

which option did you choose during installation of Grid Infrastructure?

You could uninstall grid infrastructure and reinstall both grid infracture and ASM togother using "Configure Oracle Grid infracture for a standalone server" on "Step 2 of 9" screen.
  • 6. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    onedbguru Pro
    Uninstalling a perfectly good GI is not the answer.

When installing the 11.2.0.2 version, how did you install this? what option did you use when installing 11.2.0.2? (RAC? Standalone?)
  • 7. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    914882 Newbie
    hi all,
    i am install 11.2.0.3.0 GI then install 11.2.0.3.0 rdbms, then trying to install 11.2.0.2.0 rdbms on the same user on another dbhome.
    my purpose is 11.2.0.3.0 GI is supported up to 10g rdbms. im not using rac. its only in standalone machine. in my first and second post if u check u will get the error.
    please tell me what is i am going to do is this wright way or not. i want to check it will support or not then i am going to use ASM database on this GI.

thanks.....
  • 8. Re: 11gr2_02 installation
    948740 Newbie
    Thankyou onedbguru.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points