3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 9:21 PM by JeffJon

FDM cannot connect to oracle database

HI,

I'm trying to connect to Oracle database using FDQM - just for the sake of testing.
      I using the weblogon option. and using Shared Services Admin id to create application. The application gets created in the sharedfolder area but it gives me an error for connection to database

"Error: Unable to connect to database. Please check database information and verify database is accessible."

I have created a user in oracle say XYZ and granted the following permissions to it.
      RESOURCE,CONNECT,CREATE SESSION,CREATE VIEW, CREATE DATABASE LINK.

I have installed 32 bit oracle client.

I can connect to the database using sqlplus XYZ/password@hostname:1251/SERVICE_NAME on command line.

What could I be missing ?

Please assit.

Thanks in advance!!
        • 1. Re: FDM cannot connect to oracle database
          Hi,

Do I need to have Oracle Provider for OLE DB on my server to be able to access Oracle database from FDM weblogon/workbench client ?

From where do I download/ install it or is it something that just needs to be enabled?

I've already installed 32bit oracle client 11.2.0.3.0 on my server windows 64 bit 2008 R2
          • 2. Re: FDM cannot connect to oracle database
            Did you figure out how to solve this problem?
            Please advise what are the steps. I am running into same issue.

Thanks
            • 3. Re: FDM cannot connect to oracle database
              JeffJon
              Test the connection to the FDM Database using a 32 bit UDL file to verify the 32 bit Oracle Client is installed and available for use:

1. Create a file to test the 32-bit OLE DB Provider. (Create a new empty file in a easily accessible location with the extension UDL32)

a. Launch a command prompt.
              b. Start notepad and pass in the name of the new file.

c:\>start notepad c:\testconn.udl32

c. When prompted to create the file, choose yes then close notepad.

2. Test the 32-bit OLE DB data source using the new file and the following command.

a. Launch a command prompt.
              b. Execute the following command.

c:\>c:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Rundll32.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile c:\testconn.udl32

- Note, make sure the command line is something appropriate for your Windows Installation.

d. Click the Provider Tab, select OLEDB provider you're trying to test (Ie, Oracle Provider for OLE DB)
              - Note, ODBC connections can also be tested by selecting Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
              e. Click the Connection Tab.
              Enter a valid connect string for Data Source.
              Enter a valid user and password for the database.
              f. Click the Test Connection button.

3. Optionally, you can create a Windows batch file to run the command and accept the file name.

a. Create a Windows batch file called testudl32.bat.
              b. Copy the following command into the batch file and save the file.

c:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Rundll32.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile %1

- Note, make sure the command line is something appropriate for your Windows Installation.

c. Run the batch file and pass in the name of the udl32 file created in step #1.

c:\>testudl32 c:\testconn.udl32