This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 10:29 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Installation of EBS R11i in Linux

krishna_36 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am trying to install EBS R11i on my Linux CENT05 os. While i was installing i am getting the following error "unable to locate 'cc' utility in path". This like in system utilities i was getting this message.

I tried to continue ignoring this messages and i am further getting errors like

adlnkoh.sh started at Sat Jul 7 14:09:52 IST 2012

logfile located in /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/install/make.log

Error while running adlnkoh.sh. Please check logfile

Errors while running adlnkoh.sh

There was an error while running the command - su ovis11i -c /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_cent5ora11gr2/adrun9i.sh APPS APPS
/d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh: line 198: /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/bin/sqlplus: No such file or directory
RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance

Kindly let me know how i can resolve this.

Thanks and Regards,
Krishna Prasad
  • 1. Re: Installation of EBS R11i in Linux
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    CentOS is not a supported distro, so expect issues. One supported distros are OEL and RHEL - is there a reason you cannot use these ?

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B25516_18/current/acrobat/r115102ins.pdf

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: Installation of EBS R11i in Linux
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I am trying to install EBS R11i on my Linux CENT05 os. While i was installing i am getting the following error "unable to locate 'cc' utility in path". This like in system utilities i was getting this message.

I tried to continue ignoring this messages and i am further getting errors like
    You should not ignore the above error message and you have to have the directory where cc executable file exist set in the PATH -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=%22unable+to+locate+%22&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
    Error while running adlnkoh.sh. Please check logfile

Errors while running adlnkoh.sh

There was an error while running the command - su ovis11i -c /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/temp/VIS_cent5ora11gr2/adrun9i.sh APPS APPS
    /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/appsutil/install/adlnkoh.sh: line 198: /d01/oracle/visdb/9.2.0/bin/sqlplus: No such file or directory
    RW-50010: Error: - script has returned an error: 1
    RW-50004: Error code received when running external process. Check log file for details.
    Running Database Install Driver for VIS instance

Kindly let me know how i can resolve this.
    Please fix the cc executable issue and retry the installation and see if you get the same error.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points