1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 4:07 PM by Chrisjenkins-Oracle RSS

Instance Administrator has quit. Need to give some privileges to dbobjects.

Hi,

Need some inputs on the below mentioned scenario:

Our project is using TimesTen infrastructure. The configuration etc is all working fine. However, i need to give some additional privileges to the timesten db objects. But the problem is timesten installation was done by my colleague who has quit the organization. Therefore, i am not able to login as instance administrator to give privileges (such as CREATE ANY VIEW on the TimesTen table user).

Request you to suggest what should be done in this case.

TimesTen Version: 11g Release 2 (11.2.2)

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Instance Administrator has quit. Need to give some privileges to dbobjects.
          Chrisjenkins-Oracle
          The 'instance administrator user' is actually the OS user who instaleld TimesTen. You need to log in to the OS as that user and then when you connect to the TimesTen datqabase you will have instance admin privilege. If you don't know th password for the OS user, ask your sysadmin to reset it to a new, known password or, if you have root privilege yoursel, just 'su -' to that user and off you go.

If you are unable to access the OS user then I', afraid there is nothing that can be done...

Chris