6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 9, 2012 12:22 AM by Girish Sharma RSS

ORacle provider for OLEDB

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed Oracle client. I can connect to the database using SQLPLUS. Tnsnames.ora file is in place.

My question is how do I activate Oracle Provider of OLEDB?

I tried to create a udl file can be used to test the connection (referred in the link provided below). To create a udl file on the desktop choose to create a new text document and name it with the .udl extension. But on the Provider page I can't see the option for "Oracle Provider for OLEDB" .

https://support.oracle.com/CSP/ui/flash.html#tab=KBHome(page=KBHome&id=()),(page=KBNavigator&id=(viewingMode=1143&from=BOOKMARK&bmDocTitle=When%20Logging%20into%20FDM%20Receive%20%22Error:%20%20ORA-12154:%20TNS:%20could%20not%20resolve%20service%20name%22&bmDocType=PROBLEM&bmDocDsrc=DOCUMENT&bmDocID=597375.1))

I can see that OLEDB folder exists under <ORACLE_CLIENT_HOME>\oledb

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
          Girish Sharma
          I have no option to assume that you are using Oracle 10g and Windows. If it is then probably your client software have not installed Oracle provider for Oledb. You can separately install by ODAC101040.exe (174 MB) from below link :
          http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/utilsoft-088126.html

In addition to that there is a Master Note for Oracle Provider for OLE DB (OraOLE DB) [1132946.1] on MOS.

Below link is a PDF, on which it is showing how to create .udl file; from page No. 9 to 12. Hope it will also help you :
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21040_01/reporting.11115/DBCOO.pdf

Regards
          Girish Sharma
          • 2. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
            Hi Girish,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Windows 2008 R2. Oracle client is 32 bit Version 11.2.0.3.0.

I'm unable to see Oracle provider for OLEDB in the provider's section of the OLEDB file.

From where I can download the latest version of OLEDB drivers - 11.2.0.3.0 in my case ?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Regards.
            • 3. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
              Girish Sharma
              I'm unable to see Oracle provider for OLEDB in the provider's section of the OLEDB file.
              Have you checked the first link of my previous reply ? Here you will be able to download the File ODAC101040.exe (174MB) after clicking on Accept License Agreement option button (just above it).

Just download this .exe installer and then you will be able to get the Oracle Provider for OLEDB in the provider tab for Microsoft Data Link property page.

Regards
              Girish Sharma
              • 4. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
                Thanks Girish.

Where should I install them. Should It go under the location of previous OracleClient Installation ?

Or should I install it under a different location.

Regards.
                • 5. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
                  Well the installer is not running on MS windows 2008. It just terminates abnormally with some UNknown error.

Regards, Gaurav
                  • 6. Re: ORacle provider for OLEDB
                    Girish Sharma
                    Gaurav,
                    Well the installer is not running on MS windows 2008. It just terminates abnormally with some UNknown error.
                    Then please read below thread carefully, try to follow around it. If still problem then I think post the question on dedicated forum [url https://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=148&start=0]Oracle Provider for OLE DB

Re: No luck installing Oracle OLEDB 9.2 on WinXP

Regards
                    Girish Sharma

Edited by: Girish Sharma on Jul 9, 2012 10:51 AM
                    Or continue in this thread, if moderator move this thread to that forum after few minutes.