This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 2:43 AM by mkirtley-Oracle RSS

Migration from SolidDB to Oracle ??

J.A. Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts

I hoppe you can help me, I have to migrate a SolidDB 4.5 to Oracle 11gR2

Do you know how to do that ? some advice ? maybe some tool ?

Thanks in advance

J.A.
  • 1. Re: Migration from SolidDB to Oracle ??
    mkirtley-Oracle Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi J.A,
    SQL*Developer can be used to migrate some non-Oracle databases but it doesn't support the SolidDB database.
    The following note available in My Oracle Support describes some alternative options -

How To Migrate Non-Oracle Databases For Which A Migration Workbench Option Is Not Available (Doc ID 393760.1)

Basically, the options are -

1. Use a gateway that supports the non-Oracle database or generic connectivity if a third party ODBC driver is avaible to do a "create table as select...."

2. Use the SQL*Plus COPY command to copy data from the non-Oracle database to the Oracle database using a gateway or generic connectivity.

3. Load the non-Oracle data into flat files and use SQL*Loader to put the data into Oracle tables. Again manual work is required for the other objects.

4. Review the section -

Finding More Help: Oracle Migration Partners and Support

on the SQL*Developer Migration Workbench site at -

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/migration/index-084442.html

which has links to further help especially for the non-Oracle databases not covered by the migration workbench.

6. Use JDBC to connect to the non-Oracle and Java in the Oracle database. This method will work but it is not suppported by the JDBC team.

Regards,
    Mike

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points