6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 4:40 AM by 948372 RSS

TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?

Hello,

My environment is:
      Oracle 11g database server on Windows 7,
      Timesten 11.22 on CentOS5.8.

I can make the basic configuration correct, but when creating a new cache grid by calling
      call ttgridcreate("samplegrid"); --This can be executed correctly
      call ttgridinfo;
      The problem is here!
      It shows the sample grid I created just now, but its platform is <NT>!

Then if I want to attach a new grid on this one, I got error:
      3345: Grid platform 'NT, 32-bit' and node platform 'Linux x86-64, 64-bit' are different

So, I want to create a cache grid on Linux platform but not Windows7 (again, my database server is on this box), is it possible for me to create a cache grid on Linux to my environment?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by: 945369 on 2012-7-9 下午11:05
        • 1. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
          Chrisjenkins-Oracle
          The platform type is determiend automatcially; this looks like a bug! What exact TimesTen version are you using (please post the entire output of the ttversion command)? If you are not using the latest version (11.2.2.3.0) then I would suggest that you try with that and if the problem still exists log an SR.

Chris

Edited by: ChrisJenkins on Jul 10, 2012 9:37 AM
          • 2. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
            Hello Chris,

First ,thanks for your reply!

This is the output of ttversion command.

TimesTen Release 11.2.2.3.0 (64 bit Linux/x86_64) (tt1122:55555) 2012-05-24T09:20:08Z
            Instance admin: tttest
            Instance home directory: /home/tttest/TimesTen/tt1122
            Group owner: tttest
            Daemon home directory: /home/tttest/TimesTen/tt1122/info
            PL/SQL enabled.

If I call ttgridcreate command on a linux version TimesTen, the platform should be Linux, right?

However, I called ttgridcreate on linux, but I got a cache grid in NT platform.

Oh, I am afraid I got something wrong!
            When configuring TT, I gave it a shot on Windows7 at the very beginning, but because of the cache group is not supported on Windows platform, I moved to Linux continue to use the same cache grid, named 'samplegrid'.

So, I need to do more to make sure.

I am trying to destroy the sample grid by calling 'ttgriddestroy' command, but I need to stop the cache group and Replication Agent.

May I get the command to stop "Replication Agent"? Thanks again, Chris!
            • 3. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
              Chrisjenkins-Oracle
              Ah yes, that will be your problem then! The grid information is held in the backend Oracle DB and the existing grid was created from an NT version of TimesTen... You need to completely drop the existing grid and re-create it.

You can stop cache and replication agents from OS shell command (as instance admin user) using:

ttAdmin -cacheStop yourDSN
              ttAdmin -repStop yourDSN

or, if connected to the datastroe as ADMIN user using ttIsql you can do:

call ttCacheStop;
              call ttRepStop;

Chris
              • 4. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
                Thank you, Chris.

I create a new cache grid named 'newgrid' on my linux TT just now, and the ttgridinfo command outputs:

----------------------------------------------------
                Command> call ttgridinfo;
                < SAMPLEGRID, CACHEADM, NT, 32-bit, 11, 2, 2 >
                < NEWGRID, CACHEADM, Linux x86-64, 64-bit, 11, 2, 2 >
                2 rows found.
                ----------------------------------------------------

Then I want to delete the former 'samplegrid', I issue this command on my Windows 7:
                ttdaemonadmin -stop

The following actions have being done on linux:

------------------------------------
                Command> call ttgriddestroy('samplegrid');
                3325: Cache grid cannot be destroyed when there are global cache groups or local cache groups in cache grid enabled mode
                The command failed.

Command> call ttCacheStop;
                12027: The agent is already stopped for the data store.
                The command failed.

Command> call ttRepStop;
                12027: The agent is already stopped for the data store.
                The command failed.

Command> call ttgriddestroy('samplegrid');
                3325: Cache grid cannot be destroyed when there are global cache groups or local cache groups in cache grid enabled mode
                The command failed.

Command> call ttgridinfo;
                < SAMPLEGRID, CACHEADM, NT, 32-bit, 11, 2, 2 >
                < NEWGRID, CACHEADM, Linux x86-64, 64-bit, 11, 2, 2 >
                2 rows found.
                ------------------------------------

How can I destroy the cache grid 'samplegrid'?

Thanks a lot!
                • 5. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
                  Chrisjenkins-Oracle
                  You need to make sure that any cache groups created as part of the original grid have been dropped. Of coure, if you have torn down your original test environment that may not be so easy :-)

You have two options:

1. Just leave the oroiginal grid there and ignore it (it won't do muchharm other than taking up a bit of space in Oracle)

2. Manually clean up the objects in Oracle. That's a bit hazardous as you may remove stuff that is still needed.

Chris
                  • 6. Re: TimesTen: Can I specify the platform type for creating a new cache grid?
                    Thank you, Chris!

Just leave it there then.

Thanks a million! Have a nice day! :-)

-----------------
                    Wenbin Liu