This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2012 10:30 PM by Mahendra RSS

How to use ATO Model & ATO Item as bill for ATO Model

rrenji83 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Can anybody have an Idea of using ATO Item inside an ATO Model, ATO Model as a bill for another ATO model. In the below mentioned scenario, is it possible for the ATO Item(item_compE) to be manufactured based on the sales order.. I don't want to keep it manufactured.. But in Vision Instance, the parent Job is completed normaly & able to ship the SO. But when i checked the onhand for the ATO Item components, its not reduced.. ie it is not manufactured & shipped, but didn't throw any error....

1     Order_itemABCDE (ATO Model)
     1.1     item_compA          (Purchased)
     1.2     item_compB     (Purchased)
     1.3     item_compC          (Purchased)
     1.4     item_compD          (ATO Option Class)
     1.4.1     item_compD1          (Purchased)
     1.4.2     item_compD2          (Purchased)
     1.4.3     item_compD3          (Finished)
     1.5     item_compE          (ATO ITEM)
     1.5.1     item_compE1          (Finished)
     1.5.2     item_compE2          (Purchased)
     1.5.3     item_compE3          (Purchased)

Now I am creating a separate discreet job order for the ATO Item & keep the onhand available, & its working fine...Is there a way to automatically create a Job order for ATO Item along with the parent item from the Sales order?.

Also How can I extend it to a requirement like, an ATO Model item, inside another ATO model item???For example ItemA(ATO Model) as a bill for ItemB(ATO Model). How it can be accomplished, as ItemA is not directly ordered thru SO, its jus a component for ItemB & want to manufacture based on requirement..

Hope the Scenario is clear.. Please suggest if this can be achieved...

Thanks
Ranjith
  • 1. Re: How to use ATO Model & ATO Item as bill for ATO Model
    Mahendra Journeyer
    rrenji83 wrote:
    Can anybody have an Idea of using ATO Item inside an ATO Model, ATO Model as a bill for another ATO model. In the below mentioned scenario, is it possible for the ATO Item(item_compE) to be manufactured based on the sales order.. I don't want to keep it manufactured.. But in Vision Instance, the parent Job is completed normaly & able to ship the SO. But when i checked the onhand for the ATO Item components, its not reduced.. ie it is not manufactured & shipped, but didn't throw any error....

1     Order_itemABCDE (ATO Model)
         1.1     item_compA          (Purchased)
         1.2     item_compB     (Purchased)
         1.3     item_compC          (Purchased)
         1.4     item_compD          (ATO Option Class)
         1.4.1     item_compD1          (Purchased)
         1.4.2     item_compD2          (Purchased)
         1.4.3     item_compD3          (Finished)
         1.5     item_compE          (ATO ITEM)
         1.5.1     item_compE1          (Finished)
         1.5.2     item_compE2          (Purchased)
         1.5.3     item_compE3          (Purchased)

Now I am creating a separate discreet job order for the ATO Item & keep the onhand available, & its working fine...Is there a way to automatically create a Job order for ATO Item along with the parent item from the Sales order?.

Also How can I extend it to a requirement like, an ATO Model item, inside another ATO model item???For example ItemA(ATO Model) as a bill for ItemB(ATO Model). How it can be accomplished, as ItemA is not directly ordered thru SO, its jus a component for ItemB & want to manufacture based on requirement..

Hope the Scenario is clear.. Please suggest if this can be achieved...

Thanks
    Ranjith
    I don't know..if i got your requirement correctly or not
    Make ATO Item supply type as phantom for the ATO model Bill..this way when the job is created for the top model...ATO item will be exploded..

HTH
    Mahendra
  • 2. Re: How to use ATO Model & ATO Item as bill for ATO Model
    838276 Newbie
    Hi Ranjith,

I think I am currently doing the same thing for my organization.

If I understand correctly, You have a FG item which is an ATO, and a make item again ATO. You get a sales order for FG item. Then run min-max report for make item, leaving to see WIP demand. that will create a work order for the make item.

If you need more information please let me know.

best regards
    Veerakumar
  • 3. Re: How to use ATO Model & ATO Item as bill for ATO Model
    rrenji83 Newbie
    Thanks Veera & Mahendra..
    once again the requirement in brief..
    1) ATO Mode(FG)l containing ATO item

2)ATO Model inside another ATO Model..I read in a note that ATO model can be a sub element for another ATO model..Not sure of hw to implement..(will the component ATO Model can be configured, is so how?? & job order created thru SO for both the parent & child item).

.... Will check both the suggestions given by you guys & get back...

Regards,
    Ranjith
  • 4. Re: How to use ATO Model & ATO Item as bill for ATO Model
    Mahendra Journeyer
    rrenji83 wrote:
    Thanks Veera & Mahendra..
    once again the requirement in brief..
    1) ATO Mode(FG)l containing ATO item

2)ATO Model inside another ATO Model..I read in a note that ATO model can be a sub element for another ATO model..Not sure of hw to implement..(will the component ATO Model can be configured, is so how?? & job order created thru SO for both the parent & child item).

.... Will check both the suggestions given by you guys & get back...

Regards,
    Ranjith
    See if this can help..and model within a model is common business requirment

ATO Configuration Cycle In Order Management (Doc ID 844847.1)

Mahendra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points