4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 5:44 AM by User295366 RSS

Cloud Control 12c Agent deployment & Auto discovery problems

User295366
      Hi all,

I successfully installed EM12c on Linux64 and now I run out of luck. :)

I got got stuck at manual target deployment. I want to deploy agent from my CC12c Linux server to HP-UX Itanium servers, where we have production db's.
      I managed to download HP-UX agents, but deployment fails.
      I get an error
      Shell path is incorrect or not defined.:/usr/local/bin/bash(SH_PATH),-c(SH_ARGS) on host XXX. Check the property values in the following files in this order, ssPaths_<plat>.properties or sPaths.properties or Paths.properties, in "/oracle/em12c/oms/oui/prov/resources" directory.For more details, refer to the Oracle Enterprise Manager Basic Installation Guide.

When I took a look in /oracle/em12c/oms/oui/prov/resources/ssPaths_hpi.properties (hopefully this is right config file for HP-UX) I found out that I do not have SH_PATH=/usr/local/bin/bash installed on target servers.

So the question is: Can I change this variable to some other shell?
      I am usually using /bin/sh and can not find bash shell installed.

Just to clear some other thing out. When you're specifying agent deployment parameters in the named credential section (OS user). Will this user be the AGENT_HOME owner & the user under which the agent will run?

I also tried to manually download agent SW (12.1.0.1 - same version I wanted to deploy) via OTN, but why there is no installer for this version? I only found "Oracle Management Agent (11.1.0.1.0) for HP-UX Itanium" and lower..

-----------------------------------

Second problem I am having is with target Auto discovery. When I run auto discovery wizard using agent on CC12c server I get an error:
      +/oracle/em12c/agent/agent_inst/discovery/nmap/bin/nmap: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory+

So obviously there is a problem with some libraries on my Linux server so that it can not run nmap. Which package does it need?
      I found that I have some libssl libraries installed but dont know why isnt it working.

[root@vcloud ~]# locate libssl
      /usr/lib/vmware-tools/lib32/libssl.so.0.9.8
      /usr/lib/vmware-tools/lib32/libssl.so.0.9.8/libssl.so.0.9.8
      /usr/lib/vmware-tools/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8
      /usr/lib/vmware-tools/lib64/libssl.so.0.9.8/libssl.so.0.9.8
      /usr/lib64/.libssl.so.1.0.0.hmac
      /usr/lib64/.libssl.so.10.hmac
      /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0
      /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10
      /usr/lib64/libssl3.so
      /usr/lib64/libsslcommon.so.6
      /usr/lib64/libsslcommon.so.6.0.0

Is this library included in openssl.x86_64 pkg which is installed? Do I need 32 bit version of this package - openssl.i686?
      When I try to install i686 version with yum I get an error:
      Error: Protected multilib versions: openssl-1.0.0-20.el6_2.5.i686 != openssl-1.0.0-20.el6_2.4.x86_64
      What should I do?

Tnx.
      Br
        • 1. Re: Cloud Control 12c Agent deployment & Auto discovery problems
          User295366
          Ok, just solved 2nd question :)

Created symlinks to existing libraries in /usr/lib64
          ln -s libssl.so.10 libssl.so.4
          ln -s libcrypto.so.10 libcrypto.so.4

nmap now works & auto discovery job succeeds
          (anyhow it did not find any targets for scpecified IP range..have to check parameters)
          • 2. Re: Cloud Control 12c Agent deployment & Auto discovery problems
            Akanksha Sheoran Kaler-Oracle
            For the error messagee:

Shell path is incorrect or not defined.:/usr/local/bin/bash(SH_PATH),-c(SH_ARGS) on host XXX. Check the property values in the following files in this order, ssPaths_<plat>.properties or sPaths.properties or Paths.properties, in "/oracle/em12c/oms/oui/prov/resources" directory.For more details, refer to the Oracle Enterprise Manager Basic Installation Guide.

yes , you are suppose to change the shell patch as its at a different location.

The file where you have to chnage is: $<OMS_HOME>/oui/prov/resources/hpi.properties and change the variable: SH_PATH=
            Try the agent deployment

On your another question: deploy manual agent , you have to get the em12c agent binaries usings elf update console. For information on Self Update and how you can use it to download the software, see the chapter on Self Update in the Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control Administrator's Guide.
            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/self_update.htm#CACBHCBH
            • 3. Re: Cloud Control 12c Agent deployment & Auto discovery problems
              Fanos Socratous
              Hi there,
              Just do:

1. which ssh

on my server is:
              [beta]oraccbs:/ccbs/appl/oracle>which ssh
              /usr/bin/ssh

2. get the result and edit the ssPaths_hpi.properties file and replace SH_PATH=/usr/local/bin/bash with SH_PATH=<result_from_privious_command> value

Retry to redeploy the agent.
              • 4. Re: Cloud Control 12c Agent deployment & Auto discovery problems
                User295366
                Made it to work..finally.
                Had to change a couple of variables in ssPaths_hpi.properties to reflect my system's paths.

I changed:
                SH_PATH=/bin/sh
                SCP_PATH=/usr/bin/scp
                SSH_PATH=/usr/bin/ssh
                Fanos Socratous wrote:
                Hi there,
                Just do:

1. which ssh

on my server is:
                [beta]oraccbs:/ccbs/appl/oracle>which ssh
                /usr/bin/ssh

2. get the result and edit the ssPaths_hpi.properties file and replace SH_PATH=/usr/local/bin/bash with SH_PATH=<result_from_privious_command> value

Retry to redeploy the agent.
                probably you mixed SSH_PATH with SH_PATH variable. I was asking if I can change SH_PATH variable, although at the end I had to change both variables :)

tnx all!