3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 9:49 AM by Udo

Manually configure the apex listener via command line

Farhan2
      I would like to be able to configure the apex listener via the command line.
      Is there an api or method for doing this?

Is it possible to take an apex-config.xml as a template and make changes to this per environment and place into the config.dir directory
      I believe placing an ! in front of the clear text password will encrypt on apex listener restart?

Is the above template method a supported way of scripting the apex listener configuration?
        • 1. Re: Manually configure the apex listener via command line
          Udo
          Hello Farhan,
          I would like to be able to configure the apex listener via the command line.
          That's possible...
          Is there an api or method for doing this?
          No, the current release of APEX Listener does not offer client/API to configure it.
          Is it possible to take an apex-config.xml as a template and make changes to this per environment and place into the config.dir directory
          I believe placing an ! in front of the clear text password will encrypt on apex listener restart?
          That's the way to do it: Take an exisiting file, put it into the configured config.dir and let APEX Listener encrypt the password upon first start.
          Note that the current release of APEX Listener has a bug that option 2 from the Installation and Developer Guide ( +{config.dir}/apex-config.xml+ ) won't work. You can use option 1 ( +${config.dir}/<Mount-Point>/apex-config.xml+ ) instead.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Manually configure the apex listener via command line
            Farhan2
            Can you provide clarification to the ${config.dir}/<Mount-Point>/apex-config.xml
            we are using linux what would you replace <mount-point> with??

I have set the config.dir value to <Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr
            will this not look for the apex-config.xml in the above directory or will it look for the xml file in <Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr/apex ??
            • 3. Re: Manually configure the apex listener via command line
              Udo
              I have set the config.dir value to <Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr
              will this not look for the apex-config.xml in the above directory or will it look for the xml file in <Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr/apex ??
              +<Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr+ would be option 1 - which currently doesn'work.

+<Mount-Point>+ refers to the "context" you've deployed your APEX Listener to, so if you used the default (apex) this would actually be
              +<Domain_Home>/apex_lsnr/apex+

=> cp apex-config.xml $DOMAIN_HOME/apex_lsnr/apex

Note that APEX Listener logs the location of the apex-config.xml it actually uses at startup. If this is the (default) temporary location, it didn't find anything in your configured directory.

-Udo