13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2012 12:32 AM by Osama_Mustafa

    oracle initialization or shutdown in progress

    947438
      Hi members,

      I install database 11g r2 and was work fine, doesn't have any problem still i got this error yesterday oracle initialization or shutdown in progress

      However i follow some steps for discover what is error. and this message what was output error to me at sqlplus command when i connect as sysdba manager.

      ORA-00204: erro ao ler (bloco 3, # blocos 8) do arquivo de controle
      ORA-00202: arquivo de controle: 'C:\APP\AHMED\ORADATA\ORCL\CONTROL01.CTL'
      ORA-27070: falha na leitura/gravac?o assincrona
      OSD-04006: Falha de ReadFile(), n+o + poss+vel ler a partir do arquivo
      O/S-Error: (OS 23) Erro nos dados (verifica++o c+clica de redund+ncia).

      by the way i use windows 7 pourtges brasil so gonna have some pourtges words.

      i tried solve by many ways, restor database and change name of control file from 01 to 02, alter database file but doesnt work in my case, please need help to i can login for database again.

      regards,

      Edited by: Janna on 13/07/2012 04:04
        • 1. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
          mBk77
          I think there is a problem with your control file

          What I would suggest is to recreate the control file if you have a trace backup of your controlfile or you need to manually write the script to create the controlfile.

          Then try to open the database with reset logs..

          Hope this helps...
          • 2. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
            946395
            it OS level issue..

            Please see the last line error message."O / S-Error: (OS 23) Data error (the c + + checks + click + redund of SCIENCE"

            contact ur OS team.
            • 3. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
              947438
              Well, i did not have backup of your controlfile, but will be helpful for me if you explain in details the second solution for me that is create manually control file, how do it.

              regards
              • 4. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                mBk77
                Janna wrote:
                Well, i did not have backup of your controlfile, but will be helpful for me if you explain in details the second solution for me that is create manually control file, how do it.

                regards
                The following example shows the SQL script to create a control file .

                STARTUP NOMOUNT
                CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "db_name" RESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG
                MAXLOGFILES 5
                MAXLOGMEMBERS 3
                MAXDATAFILES 14
                MAXINSTANCES 1
                MAXLOGHISTORY 226
                LOGFILE
                GROUP 1 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\REDO01.LOG' SIZE 100M,
                GROUP 2 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\REDO02.LOG' SIZE 100M,
                GROUP 3 'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\REDO03.LOG' SIZE 100M
                DATAFILE
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\SYSTEM01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\UNDOTBS01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\EXAMPLE01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\INDX01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\TOOLS01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\USERS01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\OEM_REPOSITORY.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\CWMLITE01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\DRSYS01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\ODM01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\XDB01.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\USERS02.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\USERS03.DBF',
                'E:\ORACLE\ORADATA\ORCL\USERS04.DBF'
                CHARACTER SET WE8MSWIN1252
                ;

                ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS;


                change the names of the datafiles and redolog files according to your file names and locations....
                • 5. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                  947438
                  I wrriten this commads after connect sqlplus as sysdba right, however i tried follow steps but always have error is not have other way and pls take a look for the last error in first post that is O/S-Error: (OS 23) Erro nos dados (verifica++o c+clica de redund+ncia).

                  what didi mean tis error?

                  regards,
                  • 6. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                    mBk77
                    Janna wrote:
                    I wrriten this commads after connect sqlplus as sysdba right, however i tried follow steps but always have error is not have other way and pls take a look for the last error in first post that is O/S-Error: (OS 23) Erro nos dados (verifica++o c+clica de redund+ncia).

                    what didi mean tis error?

                    regards,
                    I can only understand english...

                    if you can atleast post the error number then we'll try to help...

                    what I want you to do is copy the script in a file

                    say createcontrolfile.sql

                    then

                    c:/>sqlplus / as sysdba

                    it will say

                    sql>connected to idle instance

                    then

                    sql>@createcontrolfile.sql

                    if you get any error then post them here with the error number !!!!
                    • 7. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                      947438
                      Hello mBk77 ,

                      i copy the script and file and renam as controlfile.sql, later i saved he in the same folder that have control01.ctl file and later,

                      i did what you said and i got it:

                      SQL> @CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL
                      SP2-0310: nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo "CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL"

                      sorry for forget post number of error however eror appear like it O/S-Error: (OS 23) Erro nos dados (verifica++o c+clica de redund+ncia).

                      regards
                      • 8. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                        mBk77
                        Janna wrote:
                        Hello mBk77 ,

                        i copy the script and file and renam as controlfile.sql, later i saved he in the same folder that have control01.ctl file and later,

                        i did what you said and i got it:

                        SQL> @CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL
                        SP2-0310: nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo "CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL"
                        You didn't mention the full path of the file it should be SQL>@C:/.../.../CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL

                        make sure the name of the file is correct...

                        and make sure that you changes the script to point to you datafiles and redolog files....
                        • 9. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                          947438
                          i do now what you said and i got it:

                          SQL> @C:\app\ahmed\oradata\orcl\CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL;
                          SP2-0310: nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo "C:\app\ahmed\oradata\orcl\CREATECONT
                          ROLFILE.SQL"

                          <nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo> mean can't open this file.

                          any ideas?

                          Edited by: Janna on 13/07/2012 05:47
                          • 10. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                            Fran
                            did you get shutdown the database? if still has "initialization or shutdown in progress" try with shutdown abort and later startup.

                            If really is the controlfile and you have a database backup you can restore:
                            http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/recov004.htm#CFABADJC
                            • 11. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                              mBk77
                              Janna wrote:
                              i do now what you said and i got it:

                              SQL> @C:\app\ahmed\oradata\orcl\CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL;
                              SP2-0310: nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo "C:\app\ahmed\oradata\orcl\CREATECONT
                              ROLFILE.SQL"

                              <nÒo foi possÝvel abrir o arquivo> mean can't open this file.

                              any ideas?

                              Edited by: Janna on 13/07/2012 05:47
                              Are you sure that you created the file in C:\app\ahmed\oradata\orcl\CREATECONTROLFILE.SQL and the name is in upper case...

                              Also check for the file permissions.....

                              And if the database is running then first shutdown the database using shutdown abort...
                              • 12. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                                jgarry
                                Once you get things working, you might want to add
                                alter database backup controlfile to trace as '<putyourdirectoryhere>/controlfile.txt';
                                to your regular backups. See what is in that file.
                                • 13. Re: oracle initialization or shutdown in progress
                                  Osama_Mustafa
                                  try
                                  Shutdown abort
                                  after thi startup your database and backup your controlfile .

                                  Osama ....