This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 3:53 AM by RenévanWijk RSS

Deployed Application is very slow on Oracle 11g

949453 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We have an application(highly ajaxified one) which was originally deployed on WebLogic 8 and with JAVA 1.4 code. The application is very fast. The app was rewritten in Java 1.6 and deployed on WebLogic 11g and the app has become extremely slow. What could be the reasons for that. I am the developer and I do not have access to the servers at all. I have tried to interface with the team that manages the server and I dont get convincing answers. Has someone faced such an issue before? There are two variables here, Java 1.6 and the new server. I am trying to narrow down. Debugging in Google chrome shows me that javascript is rendered as text. If some one were to list few things to check for what would those be?
Thanks
  • 1. Re: Deployed Application is very slow on Oracle 11g
    RenévanWijk Oracle ACE
    Currently Being Moderated
    "The app was rewritten in Java 1.6 and deployed on WebLogic 11g and the app has become extremely slow."

You have copied to code, or really rewritten it? What kind of technologies are you using, for example, EJBs, JSF etcetera.

Also what resources is the application using, such as, for example, database, messaging...?

Could the JVM is working overtime, i.e., that it is constantly collecting garbage instead of running your application.

Some tuning tips for WebLogic are provided here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/web.1111/e13814/topten.htm#i1142952

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points