This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2012 3:09 AM by pbell RSS

html pages on beehive online

user12626578 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is it possible to host html web pages on beehive online? We have a reporting tool that produces html pages in a self contained directory structure that we share with our customers monthly - we send them the tar ball of the pages. Ideally this would be hosted on a secure oracle customer facing site - like beehive online, where we can control access to the reports.

If beehive does not do this, is there another tool that we could look at.

Any help much appreciated.
  • 1. Re: html pages on beehive online
    pbell Pro
    yes, this is easy to do - upload the structure and as long as they are relative locations the page will render fine. You then send the start page location to the users and the page will render If you put an index.html in a directory you can just use the drirectory and the index.html will be the default file and make the directory into a web page.

Phil
  • 2. Re: html pages on beehive online
    user12626578 Newbie
    Is there an easy way of uploading web pages? We have a report that has many hundreds of pages (between 5 - 50+ MB) depending on the customer, which we'd like to upload every month. I've used beehive extensions for explorer, but this takes many hours to upload, is there a way we can get this done quicker or automate it some way.

Is there a way to mount a dir from our internal unix system that produces the reports so we can download them automatically?

Thanks
    Neil
  • 3. Re: html pages on beehive online
    pbell Pro
    Hi,

Bulk uploads are an issue for some clients and we recommend webDAV - either accesses from the Windows Explorer or from the UCM Desktop Integration Server - available for internal users on mydesktop. Alternatively we have the FTPS protocol available and that can copy large volumes with ease. The client can be a bit picky and we have found not all clients can connect successfully - On a linux system I don't know if any clients but we do have a java program that can transfer files to BOL successfully. It is set up as a servlet at the moment but the code could be placed in a command line callable utility to allow you to copy the files as they are created on the system. The zip file of the Jdev 10.3.5 code is available here for download: https://beehiveonline.oracle.com/FTPTest.zip

Phil
  • 4. Re: html pages on beehive online
    user12626578 Newbie
    Thanks Phil,

The link to the java program is broken, is there another location for the code?

As an alternative, is it possible to unzip a compressed report once it's in a beehive workspace?

Thanks
    Neil
  • 5. Re: html pages on beehive online
    pbell Pro
    HI,

Don't know what happened to the file but it is there now.

The unzip on upload ahd a few issues int he past - easier to drag and drop from a webdav client

Phil
  • 6. Re: html pages on beehive online
    user12626578 Newbie
    Hi Phil,

If the file is uploaded using ftps type textual, beehive assigns it the "Type Document: text", while if the file is uploaded using the ftps type binary beehive assigns it "Type Document: application/octet-stream". Is there a mechanism to assign the file to correct type, such as "Type Document: text/html" which is what happens when using the web front end?

Thanks
    Neil
  • 7. Re: html pages on beehive online
    pbell Pro
    Neil,

If the client cannot set the mime type other than having text or binary then Beehive has little chance of distinguishing the mime-type from the input stream. Normally the externsion allows the content to be associated with a program as it is diownloaded and opened - what is the problem you are trying to solve?

Phil
  • 8. Re: html pages on beehive online
    PDCrip Newbie
    I'm trying to put an HTML face on a Beehive Online site for use in collaborating with a customer. I read the note on the placement of the index.html file on the "Beehive as a CMS/Web server" page of the BeehiveOnline "How to..." page.

However, I keep getting the beehive frame with an "Entity Not Found" in the main document area. The HowTo... description suggests a URL of:
    "https://beehiveonline.oracle.com/teamcollab/library/workspacename/mywebsite".
    Using .../teamcollab/libary/... I get the "Entity Not Found" or "Resource Not Found" error.

However, if I use:
    "https://beehiveonline.oracle.com/content/dav/Oracle/workspacename/mywebsite"
    then it renders the index.html in the "mywebsite" directory as a webpage.

Is there anything inappropriate about using .../content/dav/Oracle... instead of the suggested URL?

Thanks!

Edited by: user737583 on Oct 29, 2012 12:52 PM
  • 9. Re: html pages on beehive online
    pbell Pro
    Hi,

Looks like I put in the wrong URl for this version of Beehive. I tested it under an earlier version and it worked OK but I now find this is not working with the ../teamcollab/library/.. link and will only work with the ../content/dav/Oracle/.. in there.

I will change the doc and apologies for the mixup.

Phil

Change made.

Edited by: pbell on Oct 30, 2012 3:09 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points