This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 9:26 AM by thejame RSS

Enable the "Reload Files and Metadata" link in Administration in OBIEE 11g

thejame Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
I would like to enable the "Reload Files and Metadata" link in Answers so I can allow for certain users to see it. I'm not talking about the tiny icon in an Answers report's criteria tab- I'm referring to the Administration one.
Are the links in Administration configured in MBeans or a config file somewhere on the BI server? If so, where in the MBean tree?

Has anyone run across this? It seems like only the BIAdministrator role can do this but I want to know where it's set.

Thanks.

I'm trying this in 11.1.1.6 (both 11.1.1.6.1 and 11.1.1.6.2.1)
  • 1. Re: Enable the "Reload Files and Metadata" link in Administration in OBIEE 11g
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Did you check this?
    Administration->Manage Privileges-> Catalog section
    Reload Metadata
  • 2. Re: Enable the "Reload Files and Metadata" link in Administration in OBIEE 11g
    thejame Explorer
    Yes, that enables the feature in an Answers report, next to the Refresh link, but is not what I'm referring to. I want the link in the Administration section (along with the other links that only the BIAdministrator can see). I can't find where in the Application Security Policies or Server Runtime MBeans where this is held.

UPDATED:
    So I found out that this is related to 2 other functions in the Administration Privileges menu-
    If you enable either "Toggle Maintenance Mode" or "Issue SQL Directly" to this user/group then all the maintenance links show up, including "Reload Files and Metadata".
    Only problem is, I don't want all those links to show up - I want just the one (most of them can be disabled so they don't do anything but they will still be on the screen).

So you're stuck with allowing users to either toggle the maintenance mode (which I still haven't found out that that means) or issue SQL directly to the system, something that could potentially be dangerous in situations.

Strange indeed. I still say it's an MBean but maybe that's just my latest obsession since I'm finding out everything else can be changed with those.

Edited by: thejame on Jul 19, 2012 9:21 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points