This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2012 6:00 AM by GregorM RSS

Anyone get Forms & Reports 11g to SSO using just Active Directory/WNA?

hazel Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Everyone

Has anyone ever gotten 11g OFM forms/reports to work with just Active Directory SSO? Oracle published a "how to" for its BI products, but can't seem to get Forms and Reports to work using these instructions.

Does anyone know why this will never work? We do not want to have to buy and maintain 2 or more user directories..

Thanks in advance!
  • 1. Re: Anyone get Forms & Reports 11g to SSO using just Active Directory/WNA?
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    There are only two supported ways to access Forms/Reports applications which connect to a database:
    <blockquote><li>The default logon dialog (all versions)
    <li>Oracle Single Signon (all versions which are accessed via a browser) or Webgate (only available for v11.1.2)</blockquote>
    In some cases (depending on exactly which product versions are being used) AD can be integrated with Oracle Identity Management. For example, refer to this:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/oid.1111/e10031/odip_actdir.htm
  • 2. Re: Anyone get Forms & Reports 11g to SSO using just Active Directory/WNA?
    GregorM Explorer
    Hi.

I am in the process of implementing SSO/WNA for Forms&Reports 11.1.2 with Oracle Access Manager and Oracle Internet Directory. My status now is
    - Kerberos authentication is working
    - The DIP is synchronizing OID with AD correctly
    - The Forms WNA/SSO works ok
    - Now I am struggling with Oracle Reports as I keep getting "unknown user" error.

I must say the process of implementing such a complex environment is quite time consuming an it takes a lot of trial&error experimenting as a lot of things can go wrong. Never the less once you get the grasp on where to look for an error / misconfiguration that is being familiar where to look for logs/traces the life gets much easier.

Best regards.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points