5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 23, 2012 7:30 AM by Penky RSS

SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?

We need to integrate Siebel 8.1.1.6 with Exchange 2010.
      Siebel is installed on the server with local authentication and it can't be added to the domain where Exchange 2010 is installed.
      These two servers belong to two diffrent organizations.
      SSSE documentation says that Siebel needs to be installed under the account that has valid authentication in Exchange domain.
      The security restrictions also do not allow to set up trusted relationships between domains.
      Are there workarounds for this topology?

Michael
        • 1. Re: SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?
          WSiebel-Oracle
          Michael,

That's a requirement for SSSE because the domain user that has installed Siebel must have access to the Exchange Server. You may give a try and test if creating the same account name and password in both domains works for SSSE, or creating a local admin account in the Siebel Server machine with same username and password as the domain exchange user.

Thanks,

Wilson
          • 2. Re: SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?
            Hi Wilson,
            It is the first time we configure Siebel integration with Exchange.
            My hope was that it was a requirement for previous versions of Exchange 2003/2007 and it is not the case for 2010.
            Seems like with Exchange 2010 SSSE uses Web Service API instead of direct access to Active Directory and folders.
            Oracle Support couldn't give me a definite answer on how authentication works.
            Frankly speaking, I don't think that setting up the same password would help.
            It would not generate an authentication token for the session.
            How painful was it for you to get integration with Exchange 2010 working when you did it first time?
            Michael
            • 3. Re: SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?
              WSiebel-Oracle
              Michael,

I haven't configured SSSE with Exchange 2010, but in previous Exchange version it was pretty complex. I would suggest reviewing the server sync guide and SSSE tutorial below, and setup a test environment to play around.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14004_01/books/SSSE/SSSE_TOC.html

http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=44785:24:0::NO:24:P24_CONTENT_ID,P24_PREV_PAGE:5530,2

HTH,

Wilson
              • 4. Re: SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?
                WSiebel-Oracle
                In addition it seems there are some additional steps to enable SSSE support with Exchange 2010, check MR guide for 8.1.1.6: Doc ID 880452.1. Search for ACR 560.
                • 5. Re: SSSE 8.1.1.6 & Exchnage 2010: Can domain auth be avoided for owner?
                  Penky
                  Hi Michael

I've done a Ex2010 with 8.1.1.6 Setup and it works fine. When not configuring the DCOM option (which was the only one available in pre-2010 times) a lot of configuration steps can be skipped.
                  The remaining Web Service stuff is not that complex as it used to be anymore. Following the SSSE guide you should be able to get it to work.

We just had a problem with the fact, that Siebel/Exchange kept sending calendar invitations to people who were associated with the transferred activity. Meaning not only employees, but external contacts. I remember we had to change some settings in "Administration - Integration -> Data Map Editor" to avoid this. Let me know in case you need further details.

btw. what are you trying to sync and which way?
                  We only do activities, and only one way from Siebel to Outlook.
                  Penky