13 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 5:34 AM by Hari Srinivasan-Oracle RSS

Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c

ZARdba
      Windows server 2008 64 bit
      OEM 12.1

I have to get agent software for Windows server 2003, and as far as I know the only way is through self update in OEM, is this the only way?

But when I input my Oracle support credentials I get an error :

Unable to complete network operation against My Oracle Support. Please check network connectivity to Oracle Support Site.

Proxy settings in EOM are set for https, but not sure about the realm, I input our damain address "company.corp"

test successful :

https://updates.oracle.com was tested successfully using the Proxy.

Go to set oracle support credentials error :

Unable to complete network operation against My Oracle Support. Please check network connectivity to Oracle Support Site.

In the emoms.log file :

2012-07-22 18:28:50,753 [EMUI_18_28_49_/console/admin/rep/proxy/server] ERROR core.patch logp.251 - [EM-01942] Unable to connect to internet via the proxy. Http Proxy - company:80. Destination URL - https://server:proxy/emd/main/. Protocol - https. Error Message - Cannot establish proxy connection: 502 Proxy Error ( The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. Forefront TMG is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests.  ).
      java.io.IOException: Cannot establish proxy connection: 502 Proxy Error ( The specified Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) port is not allowed. Forefront TMG is not configured to allow SSL requests from this port. Most Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests.  )
        • 1. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
          EricvdS
          Regarding the MOS connection did you check note: EM 12c: Unable to complete network operation against My Oracle Support. Please check network connectivity to Oracle Support Site [ID 1376896.1]

Remerber if OMS and Target are on Windows platforms you do have to install Cygwin on the OMS server and on the target server before you can use the Add Host Target wizard, see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28271_01/install.1111/e22624/preinstall_req_cygwin_ssh.htm

As an alternative you could use the silent installl way, see http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E25054_01/install.1111/e24089/install_agent_usng_rsp.htm

If you don't have too many Windows servers to monitor I would use this alternative.

Eric
          • 2. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
            Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
            Hi,

As an option try the offline mode:

First set the Cloud Control in Offline Mode:

1. Ensure Cloud Control is set to the offline mode. From the Setup menu, choose Provisioning and Patching>Offline Patching, then change the setting for Connection to Offline.

2. Please follow the section: "Acquiring Management Agent Software in the Offline Mode:" from the following below document:
            EM 12c: Acquiring or Updating the Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12.1.0.1 Management Agent Software Using the Self Update Feature (Doc ID 1369575.1)

Best Regards,
            Venkat
            • 3. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
              SudipDatta
              Please check the following section in
              http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/firewalls.htm#EMADV626

Enabling Oracle Management Service to Access My Oracle Support

Unless online access to the Internet is strictly forbidden in your environment, Oracle Management Service should be enabled to access My Oracle Support. This access is necessary to enable updates and patches to be downloaded, for example.

At minimum, the following URLs should be made available through the firewall:

aru-akam.oracle.com

ccr.oracle.com

login.oracle.com

support.oracle.com

updates.oracle.com

About the dontProxyfor Property

When you configure the Oracle Management Service or a Management Agent to use a proxy server, it is important to understand the purpose of the dontProxyFor property, which identifies specific URL domains for which the proxy will not be used.

For example, suppose the following were true:

You have installed the Oracle Management Service and several Management Agents on hosts that are inside the company firewall. These hosts are in the internal .example.com and .example.us.com domains.

You have installed several additional Management Agents on hosts that are outside the firewall. These hosts are installed in the .example.uk domain.

You have configured Enterprise Manager to automatically check for critical software patches on My Oracle Support.

In this scenario, you want the Oracle Management Service to connect directly to the Management Agents inside the firewall without using the proxy server. On the other hand, you want the Oracle Management Service to use the proxy server to contact the Management Agents outside the firewall, as well as the My Oracle Support site, which resides at the following URL:

http://support.oracle.com

The following properties will prevent the Oracle Management Service from using the proxy server for connections to the Management Agents inside the firewall. Connections to My Oracle Support and to Management Agents outside the firewall will be routed through the proxy server:

proxyHost=proxy42.example.com
              proxyHost=80
              dontProxyFor=.example.com, .example.us.com

PS: Cygwin has nothing to do with My Oracle Support connection. Cygwin is ONLY required for agent deployment using agent push from OMS.
              • 4. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                Yes, but the option to skip these proxies is to go with the silent installation.

The following document explains the steps to perform the agent installation in silent mode:

DOC ID 1360083.1 : How to Install EM 12c Agent using Silent Install Method with Response File

Best Regards,
                Venkat
                • 5. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                  ZARdba
                  Hi ,

Thank you for the prompt replies. I did do the silent install and worked for the 64 bit, but just realized all the servers giving issues are 32 bit windows, and there are no software for them!!! Will have to go linux.
                  • 6. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                    Hi,

Thanks for the update.

We do have software available for Windows 32-bit in 12C.

Best Regards,
                    Venkat
                    • 7. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                      ZARdba
                      I checked the download site
                      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/enterprise-manager/downloads/index.html?origref=http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/enterprise-manager/downloads/oem-windows64-download-1619155.html

and the certification matrix no mention of a windows 32bit OEM 12c agent, do you have a link to where I can download this?
                      • 8. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                        ZARdba
                        Hi Reopening this because we are going to upgrade the 32bit window boxes, so still have the original issue of not able to connect to oracle support through OEM 12c
                        • 9. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                          sxkumar
                          Can you please open a support service request and let us know the SR number for the follow up?
                          • 10. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                            If you are using proxy you need to enter correct realm that was used during proxy setting . If you are unsure of that , best way is to take a TCPDUMP & look for realm value in that .

Sample :

+[root@c-w-pm ~]# tcpdump -vvvs 1500 -A | grep -i auth+
                            tcpdump: listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 1500 bytes

at....;.HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
                            Proxy-Authenticate: BASIC realm="ABC Infrastructure"
                            Your credentials could not be authenticated: "Credentials are missing.". You will not be permitted access until your credentials can be verified.

using above you will know your realm .

Thanks
                            Pankaj
                            • 11. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                              Hari Srinivasan-Oracle
                              Wynand, Are you using NTLM Proxy ?

Btw, were you able to get the SR filed. Log files from OMS will be helpful.
                              Can you pls. share the number.

Thanks and Regards,
                              Hari
                              • 12. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                                ZARdba
                                Hi Guys,

Regarding the NTLM , I don't know, I will ask the network guys.

Cygwin is instaled byt TCPDUMP still doesn't work

After they come back to me I will log the SR, and let you THANKS
                                • 13. Re: Unable to connect to internet via the proxy - Proxy set up OEM 12c
                                  Hari Srinivasan-Oracle
                                  Hi, You can find the info about the Proxy and more detailed errors from the logs @
                                  /OMS_ORACLEHOME/ user_projects/domains/EMGC_DOMAIN/servers/EMGC_OMS1/logs
                                  Log file : EMGC_OMS1-diagnostic.log
                                  This is the log file for the HTTP client/Proxy communication.

Note if you are using NTLM Proxy. It is not supported. You would need to workaround to enable connectivity to My Oracle Support.
                                  Workaround:
                                  In MS PROXY in "Unauthenticated Sites Properties" add these sites
                                  aru-akam.oracle.com
                                  ccr.oracle.com
                                  login.oracle.com
                                  support.oracle.com
                                  updates.oracle.com

Let us know, what you found and the details.

Filing SR will be helpful to exchange info and files more efficiently. I would request you file an SR and put the details from this thread into it.
                                  You can also mention my name in the SR as the Product Dev. contact.