This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 5:53 AM by vinod_t_krishnan RSS

Some one(Admin) deleting my post

vinod_t_krishnan Guru
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,
This has been quite long time that I am seeing my post is being deleted by the Admin.
I really don't know why its happening..
I am not posting any abusive or irrelevant post and its being deleted without notice..
Can anyone xplain..
  • 1. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    Looks like you post mainly in the JDeveloper and ADF forum, which I don't hang around in myself, and I'm not sure who moderates in that forum either (maybe they'll come forward and reply for you).

However, are you just posting links to other sites, as your answers, that may contain adverts or be considered advertising in some way? Or are you just linking to blogs?

Without being able to see the type of thing you are posting it's difficult to say.
  • 2. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    vinod_t_krishnan Guru
    i dont think they are deleting the link that i post to other blogs.. i remember that they delete some post which i complete had typed..
    if i remember correctly one of the post that was deleted includes just 'bump'.. this is the third time i am adding it
    Pixel size representation standard in ADF
  • 3. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    jgarry Guru
    This is a forum of volunteers, it may be too much to expect a product manager to reply to your post. Maybe you should submit an SR for a doc bug or functionality enhancement. Maybe someone has a blog that can address your concerns, I wouldn't know.
  • 4. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    vinod_t_krishnan Guru
    Jgarry thanks for your reply..
    but my concern here is who is deleting the post.
    I ma tracking the pixel issues in another forum..
  • 5. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    BluShadow Guru Moderator
    vinod_t_krishnan wrote:
    Jgarry thanks for your reply..
    but my concern here is who is deleting the post.
    I ma tracking the pixel issues in another forum..
    As JGarry says, the forum is manned by volunteers, and that includes the moderators. We all have our own jobs to do and the moderators only tend to hang around certain forums that are of interest to themselves. If you're a regular in a particular forum it often becomes clear who the moderator(s) are in that area, but one moderator doesn't necessarily know who moderates other forums, so it could be anybody. On this forum software, once a post is deleted it's deleted and there's no record of who deleted it (unlike some other forum software which 'soft deletes' posts and marks who did that). Even the admin team would struggle to find out who has done the deletion.

As for "bumping" threads, that could very well be a reason why the posts were deleted. Being a forum of volunteers, it would be considered extremely rude to bump your threads as if your issue is more important than other people's, and if your bump isn't providing additional useful information to help people answer your question, then it's a pointless post that may very well be removed.
  • 6. Re: Some one(Admin) deleting my post
    vinod_t_krishnan Guru
    ok i learnt that bumping is a rude way.. I never know that though.. sorry.. :(.. ok i got the answer as why my posts where deleted... Thanks for your time, Blushadow

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points